Green Hedges School seeks an experienced middle school math and science teacher for the 2020 - 2021 school year. Green Hedges is a private independent preschool through Grade 8 school with approximately 180 students in Vienna, VA, fourteen miles west of Washington, DC.
A successful candidate for the Middle School Math and Science Teacher will have: Undergraduate degree (masters preferred) in math, science, education or a related field • Minimum of 2 - 5 years of related teaching experience. • A high level of energy • Good time management skills • Initiative • Collaborative skills
Successful candidates must successfully complete a required background check.
Math Teacher Responsibilities:
● Implement developmentally appropriate curriculum and instruction, which encourages students to be actively engaged in the learning process, using Green Hedges’ Mission and Curriculum Overview as guides.
● Teach a combination of classes in math (Grade 6 through Algebra 1) and the physical and life sciences.
● Build students’ enthusiasm for and understanding of science concepts, content and spirit of inquiry through hands-on learning and discovery.
● Create positive learning communities within the classroom that acknowledge and respect children’s social and emotional interactions and growth
● Differentiate instruction to meet the needs of a variety of students with different learning styles as well as areas of strength and weakness.
● Build on an expanding knowledge of how children learn best
● Work diligently and promptly to maintain positive and constructive home-school communication
● Employ a variety of teaching methods to ensure optimal learning for all students.
● Conduct parent-teacher conferences
● Maintain curriculum maps
● Use assessment and evaluation tools to guide instructional decisions; maintain accurate, up-to-date records and communicate results to students, parents and appropriate others in a timely manner with regard to student progress and performance
● Perform professional duties efficiently, manage resources effectively, and meet deadlines and meeting schedules set by the School
● Attend and participate in faculty meetings and department meetings
● Perform professional duties as assigned by the Head of School or the Assistant Head of School. These duties include but are not limited to recess duty, lunch duty and dismissal duty
Reports to: Head of School, Assistant Head of School
Interested candidates should submit 1) letter of interest, 2) three references and 3) resume to: email@example.com.
Green Hedges School is committed to equal employment opportunity. The School does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or physical or mental disability.
Green Hedges School seeks an experienced middle school math and science teacher for the 2020 - 2021 school year. Green Hedges is a private independent preschool through Grade 8 school with approximately 180 students in Vienna, VA, fourteen…