For more than 25 years, Just the Beginning Foundation-A Pipeline Organization (JTB) has been committed to encouraging underrepresented students to pursue career and leadership opportunities in the law while honoring the legacy of minorities in the federal judiciary. We believe lawyers and judges should reflect the backgrounds and perspectives of the populations they serve. Our team is comprised of legal and non-profit professionals dedicated to our mission with a passion for serving youth and creating a flexible and fun work environment!
We are seeking a Part-Time Marketing & Operations Associate (3 days per week) who will play a critical role in promoting the JTB-APO brand, ensuring the organization’s operations run smoothly while acting as the point of contact for the customer relationship management system, website and other online platforms and tools. If you are interested in helping to ensure that JTB is able to offer 100% free programming to students of color and those from low-income backgrounds across the country, this is the position for you!
- Overall management of updates to JTB's website while leading social media efforts, including creating compelling posts for our Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter accounts;
- Serving as System Administrator for Salesforce to maintain and update the CRM as needed, data entry, train/assist staff, and generate reports;
- Assisting with the design and distribution of all event and program promotional materials;
- Assisting the Executive Director with the monthly processing and tracking of invoices, purchases, and expense reports;
- Generating development-related communications, including sending donor acknowledgment letters and emails, grant research and supporting the Senior Manager of Development as needed with fundraising activities;
- Coordinating administrative support for events, including board meetings and fundraisers; and
- Tracking and ordering supplies, creating, and maintaining office accounts, securing meeting space, and organizing office materials.
- Has a Bachelor of Arts (a great opportunity for recent college graduates OR professionals seeking flexible work);
- Has experience or interest in a non-profit career, diversity, and the legal profession;
- Can communicate with diverse audiences, including high school and law students, board members, and prospective donors;
- Is a skilled written and verbal communicator;
- Is technologically savvy and able to provide basic setup and troubleshooting of computers and office equipment;
- Is a self-starter, solutions-oriented, able to learn on the go and work with minimal direction and guidance;
- Is organized, pays attention to detail, and able to balance multiple projects;
- Has the discipline to work remotely; and
- Is proficient in Salesforce or similar platforms, Microsoft Office Suite, social media platforms; WordPress, Mailchimp and Canva.