575 Eighth Avenue
Founded in 1975, Urban Pathways provides homeless New Yorkers with the services and assistance necessary to become stable develop their ability to live independently and move into housing, ultimately benefiting from the pride and security that comes with having a home.
As a data-driven and innovative leader, Urban Pathways ensures that homeless and at-risk New Yorkers have the housing, services and support they need to be self-sufficient. Reporting to the Program Director, the Employment Specialist's duties include:
- Works closely with clients to develop employment plans that fit individual client aptitude, education level, physical ability and career goals.
- Works with UPwards Program to generate appropriate employment opportunities for clients.
- Assists clients with employment-related issues including development of resumes, cover letters, completion of job applications, and developing interviewing techniques.
- Provides counseling to clients and provides support and feedback on workplace issues.
- Monitors computer labs and assists clients with learning computer applications such as Microsoft Office.
- Conducts field work including but not limited to accompanying clients to job interviews.
- Monitors client medication as required.
- Maintains and submits all necessary documents and reports as required by Urban Pathways, regulatory and funding agency policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Attends staff meetings, trainings, and supervisory sessions, as required.
- Develops and maintains relationships with community services and resources.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or other related field preferred.
- Minimum two years of experience with mentally ill, formerly homeless people preferred.
- Experience with developing and running psycho-educational groups.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Outlook, Excel, etc).
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with on-line chart record data bases such as AWARDS a plus.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish a plus.
- Required to work a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays, and evenings.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply please click this link. https://cyberrecruiter.urbanpathways.org/CyberWeb/