District of Columbia
The Good Food Institute (GFI) is on the forefront of the movement to use food technology and markets to solve some of the world’s biggest problems, from climate change and global hunger to antibiotic resistance and the exploitation of billions of animals annually. GFI’s Paralegal will provide administrative, logistical, writing, editing, and operational support to ensure our mission is executed successfully. Apply on our website now!
How You Will Make a Difference
You will administer day-to-day operations, ensure compliance, provide research support, and work closely with GFI’s Policy and Legal teams by:
- Proofreading and formatting documents; reviewing legal citations.
- Scheduling meetings with legislative offices and others for Policy staff.
- Monitoring the Federal Register and meeting notice logs.
- Overseeing all filings (lobbying, taxes, state business license, employment, etc.) for states in which GFI is registered, monitor deadlines, and ensure compliance.
- Researching basic policy issues (e.g., support for a piece of legislation) and assist with finding research materials; read and summarize notices and reports.
Who We’re Looking For
We are seeking smart, thoughtful, and creative self-starters who want to push back against climate change, transform industrial animal agriculture, and develop healthy and humane foods that are accessible to everyone. GFI staff enjoy high levels of autonomy and must be self-motivated, work well both independently and in concert with a larger group, and be comfortable working with a rapidly evolving and growing team.
The Paralegal must also have:
- Bachelor’s degree, or associate’s degree and relevant professional experience; degree or certificate in paralegal studies preferred.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional organization, efficiency, and attention to detail.
- Self-motivation: the ability to work well independently and under pressure, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel; experience with Google Docs preferred.
Enjoy working from home, full medical coverage, optional dental and vision packages, a 401(k) retirement plan, flexible holiday and vacation plans, room for advancement, respectful managers, and supportive colleagues at The Good Food Institute. Apply on our website now!
(Please Note: We are only able to consider applicants who are citizens or permanent residents of the United States, or who already possess a United States Worker Visa. All applicants must live in the United States.)
Application Deadline: March 30, 2018
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: Women, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, the Good Food Institute does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran. GFI complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the organization operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Minimum Education Required