200 High Street
Summary of Position
The Senior Financial Analyst is a full-time, salaried, exempt position based in The Trustees’ downtown Boston office. This position will lead in analyzing and reporting on existing enterprises, as well as planning and modeling for prospective business and merger opportunities. The Financial Analyst will develop, refine, and report key performance indicators to evaluate an array of enterprise performance and mission-related program effectiveness. They will also routinely monitor, analyze, and report on enterprise operating activities, providing support for the regional and site-specific management teams at The Trustees’ 117 locations.
- Develop financial models and business plans for existing and potential enterprise activities and recommend business improvements
- Model and evaluate financial and operational elements of potential partnership and merger opportunities
- Develop and/or coordinate a comprehensive management reporting system including critical areas within The Trustees such as financial development/fundraising, membership, and fee-based programs and retail operations
- Design and maintain cost allocation models to better inform the evaluation of enterprise and program performance, and support tax return reporting
- Develop and maintain an organizational dashboard with key performance indicators for mission programs and enterprise activities
- Produce multi-layered enterprise profit and loss reporting with benchmarking to industry standards
- Monitor and analyze enterprise budget-to-actual variances
- Develop and deliver presentations to a diverse range of internal and external audiences
- Prepare other financial analyses, as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in business administration, finance, or related field with 7-10 years of financial analysis experience
- Extensive experience with business modeling and planning
- Experience in the nonprofit sector and/or hospitality, recreation, or tourism industries
- Experience in developing and communicating organizational/program performance metrics
- Strong computer skills, particularly with financial, spreadsheet, and presentation applications (MS Office including Power BI) and experience with budgeting and forecasting software systems
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively convey complex financial information
- Solid working knowledge of accounting, P&L and Balance Sheet reporting, and revenue recognition; knowledge of “fund accounting” a plus
- Detail and deadline oriented, including participation in the month-end accounting/financial close cycle
- Statewide travel is required using a personal vehicle in carrying out the essential functions
Benefits & Salary
The Trustees offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, vacation, sick and personal time, as well as the option to participate in our 401(k) Plan. We also offer the opportunity to be part of a dedicated team across the Commonwealth who love the outdoors, who love the distinctive history of New England, and who believe in celebrating and protecting our special places, for everyone, forever.
About The Trustees of Reservations
The Trustees is an organization with a fascinating past and an exciting future. Our places are open to all and we thrive by involving as many people as possible in what we do. Founded in 1891, by a group of visionary volunteers, we preserve, for public use and enjoyment, properties of exceptional scenic, historic, and ecological value in Massachusetts and work to protect special places across the state. We have helped protect more than 50,000 acres, including 26,000+ acres on 117 reservations that are all open to the public. We are a nonprofit conservation organization funded and supported entirely by our visitors, supporters, volunteers, and more than 60,000 member households.
In addition to being an Equal Opportunity Employer, The Trustees of Reservations aim to create a thriving, inclusive workplace that values each member of our team. We aspire to reflect and effectively serve the residents and communities of Massachusetts, who are at the core of our mission.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we kindly request that you do not call to inquire about the status of your application. Those candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.
Minimum Education Required