Payroll and Benefits Assistant (Part-time 16-20 hours per week)
- Job posted by Episcopal Diocese of Massachusetts
Details: Competitive hourly rate and prorated benefits
138 Tremont Street
The Diocese of Massachusetts
The Episcopal Church in Massachusetts was established in 1784 as one of the first dioceses in the United States. It is among the largest in The Episcopal Church in the United States, the Caribbean, South and Central America, Europe, and Taiwan. The Episcopal Church in turn is part of the larger community of approximately 85 million Anglican Christians in 165 countries. The diocese is under the leadership of the Bishop, The Right Reverend Alan M. Gates. Our offices are located at the Cathedral Church of St. Paul across from the Boston Common.
Reporting to the Controller, the Payroll and Benefits Assistant is responsible for processing the bi-weekly payroll for the diocese and for administering our benefits and answering questions and providing information about plan features to our employees and to parish clergy and staff throughout the diocese.
· Gather Hours worked from hourly staff supervisors on a bi-weekly basis
· Enter payroll information in payroll system
· Track vacation time used in payroll system
· Set up new employees in payroll system with information provided by HR
· After review by the Controller submit payroll to payroll service company
· Enter benefits information into benefits administration database including new hire set-ups, changes and terminations
· Answer operational benefits questions from staff and parishes
· Refer benefits policy questions and issues to HR as required
· Performs other duties as assigned by the Controller
Associate’s degree and 3-5 years’ payroll processing experience using Paychex, ADP or similar system or equivalent combination of education and experience. Attention to detail, ability to manage time effectively, and excellent customer service skills. Knowledge of employee benefit plans a plus.
Minimum Education Required