The Long Island City Partnership is seeking a qualified, full-time staff member to support the Director of Events in the production, promotion, and marketing of community and business events. Click here to view past LIC Partnership events. A core part of LIC Partnership’s mission is to connect community members and drive economic development through a robust program of 15+ events annually, and support other events that happen throughout the community. This is a unique opportunity to thrive in a small, fast-paced organization across a wide range of event types in a community-driven role within a rapidly growing neighborhood.
LIC Partnership (LICP) is the neighborhood development organization for Long Island City (LIC). Our mission is to advocate for economic development that benefits the area’s industrial, commercial, tech, cultural, tourism, and residential sectors. The goal is to attract new businesses to LIC, retain those already here, welcome new residents and visitors, and promote a vibrant and authentic mixed-use community. The events and marketing departments work hand in hand on our many events throughout the year where the target audiences range from the business community to the residential community. The events department manages the preparation and logistics of every event, while the marketing department creates all materials, signage and promotes the event to garner attendees. More information about each of the departments can be found at licqns.com.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Support Director of Events in managing logistics with multiple vendors, sponsors, speakers, staff, volunteers, and attendees
· Maintaining registration process, invitation lists, and RSVPs
· Communicate event details and important deadlines to key individuals
· Help with day-of event tasks from set-up to breakdown
· Preparing post-event reports and materials
· Assist the Marketing Department in maintaining LICP Marketing initiatives such as our weekly e-newsletter, social media accounts, and other projects as assigned.
· B.A./B.S. in Events Management, or related field, or equivalent experience
· Experience and comfort in community management, marketing/communications, or account management preferred
· Experience with website, email marketing, and social media marketing preferred
· Entrepreneurial and creative, with a strong team spirit
· Superior interpersonal skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong organizational and project management ability
· Capacity to prioritize, manage timelines, work as part of a team, be flexible, and meet deadlines
· Adept at communications using digital technologies and social media
· Experience in Salesforce, Adobe Suite, Hootsuite, and Eventbrite is a plus, but not required
The Long Island City Partnership is seeking a qualified, full-time staff member to support the Director of Events in the production, promotion, and marketing of community and business events. Click here to view past LIC Partnership events. A…
The position reports directly to the Director of Events, and interested candidates may send their resume and cover letter to Carla Nicdao, email@example.com with the subject line “Events & Marketing Coordinator”. The Long Island City Partnership is an equal opportunity employer.
The position reports directly to the Director of Events, and interested candidates may send their resume and cover letter to Carla Nicdao, firstname.lastname@example.org with the…