Details: Competitive Salary
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES
The part-time Accounts Payable Clerk (up to 24 hours per week) is responsible for conducting activities required to maintain and enhance the finance functions at EMPath, including, but not limited to: accounts payable processing, credit card record keeping, and other responsibilities as assigned.
SUPERVISOR: Accounting Supervisor
ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
- ACCOUNTS PAYABLE: Processes accounts payable, including petty cash management and reconciliation, data entry of invoices, reconciling vendor statements, maintaining vendor data, reviewing of accounts payable aging for payment selections, preparing check run, matching checks with invoices, preparing checks for mailing and filing invoices and maintaining full records in accordance with established deadlines and organizational procedures; serves as liaison with external vendors to ensure accurate and efficient processing of invoices; works with staff and Accounting Supervisor as necessary to refine procedures, and maintain and evaluate controls.
- ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE AND CASH RECEIPTS: Prepare daily bank deposits and related control sheet.
- ROUTINE AND SPECIAL PROJECTS: Prepare assigned journal entries for general ledger, including but not limited to postage allocations, copier allocations, and petty cash; assists with routine and special projects to support the objectives of the finance department’s fiscal operations.
- MISCELLANEOUS: Other assignments as required to insure the fiscal stability and operational viability of Empath.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
· Strong analytical and accounting skills.
· Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and other accounting programs.
· Knowledge of major accounting software packages such as Financial Edge is preferred.
· Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
· Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty.
· The individual will be expected to work with minimal up-front guidance and take ownership of his / her work product. The individual will work closely with all major functional leaders of the Company.
EDUCATIONAL AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelors Degree or equivalent from an accredited university strongly preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eye sight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Work is performed in an office environment.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter