Staff Recruiter Labor Union
155 Grand Avenue
The California Nurses Association (CNA) / National Nurses United (NNU) seek an experienced Staff Recruiter with professional experience in recruiting knowledgeable staff from the areas of labor, social justice and/or environmental justice.
CNA/NNU is the nation's largest union and professional association of direct care registered nurses, with more than 100,000 members in all 50 states, and the Recruiter will be based in its Oakland, California headquarters.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive national recruitment plan for attracting qualified individuals with a union and/or social activist background for field positions around the country
- Build and maintain relationships with key individuals in potential areas of recruitment including labor, the environment, and women’s issues
- Work closely with field leaders to identify the skills and experience needed that is specific to geographical areas
- Interview, evaluate and screen all potential candidates, verifying their skills, accomplishments, priorities, and references
- Exceptional interviewing and interpersonal skills
- Impeccable oral and written communication skills
- Strong Internet search skills and acute knowledge of online recruiting resources
- Experience working with recruiting software
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- A minimum of 5 years experience as a recruiter, field director, or equivalent, working in a labor or social justice setting
- Thoroughly familiar with the job requirements of experienced labor representatives, organizers, and lead organizers
- Has developed a personal national network of experienced union staff professionals, social justice and/or environmental lead activists
- A proven track record of generating numerous applications from skilled and qualified candidates nationwide
- Ability to travel and contact working candidates during evenings and weekends
- Identifies as a self starter who enjoys working closely with others
- Is comfortable and confident when interacting with high level staff
- Ability to use good judgment and maintain a high level of confidentiality
CNA/NNU is a union whose members and leaders are predominantly women seeking to empower and improve the lives of working people. CNA/NNU is committed to Equal Opportunity, and to considering applicants of all ages, races, sexual orientations, national origins, ethnicities, and religions. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and experiences related to our core organizational values and objectives, particularly women, to apply.
CNA/NNU provides a very competitive salary and benefit package including full family and domestic partner coverage, medical, dental, pension and 401(k).
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit cover letter and resume. Please be sure to fill out the one page form.