1225 South Weller Street
OneAmerica is a Seattle-based statewide immigrant rights organization whose mission is to advance the fundamental principles of democracy and justice by building power in immigrant communities. OneAmerica was established in 2001 by U.S. Representative Pramila Jayapal and has since grown to become a locally and nationally recognized leader in advancing immigrant, civil, and human rights. Our strategies include policy advocacy, grassroots organizing, immigrant integration programs and civic/electoral engagement. Our family of organizations consists of OneAmerica (C3), OneAmerica Votes (C4) and OneAmerica Votes Justice Fund (PAC).
Our work today is more important than ever, and OneAmerica is growing and becoming stronger to meet the current political challenges.
During this time of growth and opportunity OneAmerica is working to strengthen our response to the emboldened racism and xenophobia facing our communities by building the social and political power of immigrants and refugees in Washington State. Our strategic direction centers grassroots organizing, defending the rights and liberties of immigrants while also building the leadership of our communities to drive change.
A significant challenge in this moment is remaining responsive to the crises of the moment while staying focused on our core goals and bold about our vision for immigrants and refugees. We are looking for staff to join our team who are adaptable and excited about leading change, who are highly motivated around problem solving and who will lead with a focus on relationships, collaboration, and racial equity and challenging power by building movements.
Effective communications campaigns are essential to shaping public opinion, increasing the understanding of issues that impact immigrant communities, and ultimately winning campaigns that will directly improve the lives of immigrants and refugees. The Senior Communications Manager is responsible for the organization’s communications functions including storytelling, messaging and strategy, and requires a high level of skill and experience. This position reports and works collaboratively with to the Communications and Development Director. The role also works across departments, including organizing, policy, development, administrative staff, and the Executive and Deputy Directors. This position serves on OneAmerica’s Senior Management Team.
Messaging and Communications Strategy & Execution 50%
· Co-Lead the development and refinement of successful organizational and campaign communications strategies, in partnership with the Communications and Development Director and other key staff (Executive Director, Development Manager, Deputy Director, Senior Management Team)
· Strengthen online assets by maintaining organizational websites and tracking key metrics (Wordpress websites for OA & OAV, Salesforce Marketing Cloud email client)
· Advance our social media presence, developing strategy and creating, editing, and posting for social marketing and campaign purposes (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
· Design, edit, and manage e-blasts, action alerts, write media releases, advocacy and rapid response emails (Salesforce Marketing Cloud email client, CQRollCall advocacy tool)
· Collaborate in close partnership with the Development Manager to co-develop email arc subjects and messaging that will increase advocacy actions taken and online donations (ActBlue fundraising pages)
· Develop messaging and communications strategy for core organizational campaigns with an emphasis on winning back the immigrant narrative
List Strategy & Management 20%
· Manage and segment existing email lists, ensuring coordination with Salesforce CRM
· Lead a project to improve communications systems, moving communications lists from email client Salesforce Marketing Cloud to Salesforce CRM
Media Strategy & Outreach 20%
· Manage and facilitate media relations and management of press events, with particular emphasis on ethnic media, supporting staff and leaders to engage directly with media outlets
· Coordinate with lead staff to provide technical and logistical support for public events and campaigns, ensuring effective media strategies and impactful, creative events that effectively communicate narrative
· Build capacity by leading technical and social media trainings with staff, organizational members and leaders
Publications Creation 10%
· Collaborate with Development, Organizing and Policy Teams to create publications and materials for advocacy, fundraising and organizing
· Collaborate with Development, Organizing and Policy Teams to coordinate small- and large-scale printing jobs
· Lead ad buys in ethic media to recruit participants for OneAmerica’s events and actions, including the Washington New Americans Programs’ Citizenship Days
We’re seeking an innovative leader who excels in messaging strategy and growing communications reach, is results-oriented, and has strong project management and collaboration skills. While no one candidate will embody all of the qualifications below, we are looking for:
· 2-4 years of experience in communications work, including experience crafting communications strategy
· Orientation towards data, tracking and list/communications reach growth combined with creativity in storytelling and messaging
· Demonstrated commitment to fighting for social, racial, and economic justice
· Strong technical abilities including web design and management; graphic design; multimedia tools and platforms; database coordination; email publication management; social media development; and video editing and production
· Experience and demonstrated competency in WordPress, Email Clients, Databases, Mac/PC platforms, Adobe CS (InDesign and Photoshop), and other data management tools
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, and interest in highlighting immigrant stories
· Attention to detail and personal organization
· Ability to and interest in identifying and acquiring new skills, per the needs of the work
· Ability to work independently on multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-focused environment
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, life, short- and long-term disability and supplemental AFLAC insurance; Flexible Spending Account (FSA), 403(b) retirement plan; 5 weeks paid time off, paid family leave, ORCA transit card, and opportunities for sabbatical.
- OneAmerica is committed to employee growth and advancement, including opportunities for professional development
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Senior Communications Manager”. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. In your cover letter, please address how your personal and professional background informs your interest in working with OneAmerica. No phone inquiries, please!
OneAmerica is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women and people of color to apply.