81 York Street
The Nurturing Place, Child Development Center, part of the York Street Project, is seeking a motivated, dependable, high energy individual who is twenty one (21) years or older to work full time in a collaborative team setting in our Infant Toddler classroom.
- Team player, have high energy, and be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be flexible in assignment and work hours. Hours of operation are from 7:30am to 6:30pm Monday through Friday
- Will have to submit a Background Check (CARI) and complete fingerprinting (CHRI)
- Candidates must complete and provide a physical examination by a licensed physician.
- Previous experience working with children from diverse cultural and social backgrounds.
- Copy of Educational Background (ex. HS Diploma, GED, College Diploma, State Certificate, CDA etc...)
- 2 Professional References
- 1 Personal Reference
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Actively engaged with the children both at the Center and away from the Center.
- Accompany children during off-site field/walking trips
- Adheres to program standards including safety and cleanliness standards as mandatory by the NJ office of Licensing
- Maintaining high standards of professional ethics in regard to children, parents, staff and volunteers.
- Planning and executing all classroom and outdoor activities
- Notifying the Center Director, Educational Coordinator or Supervisors immediately of unusual happenings, incidents involving children, parents, staff or volunteers, including behavioral changes.
- Submitting all required reports, lists, and statistics pertaining to assigned group and assuring their submission in a timely manner.
- Maintaining communication with parents regarding the children of an assigned group, as well as coordinating parent/teacher conferences.
- Responsible for attending and participating in all staff/team meetings
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in a child care classroom setting
- High School Diploma/GED
- Must have a minimum of an Infant/Toddler based CDA
- Experience working with children between the ages of two (2) months through three (3) years old.
- CPR and First Aid certified (willing to attain)
After probation period:
PTO (Paid Time Off)
Level of Language Proficiency
Other languages are a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your résumé to the email address provided.
NO phone calls.