2525 West Alameda Avenue
About our Union
"Our union is growing and has new opportunities for smart, dedicated, and passionate people looking to work in a dynamic, progressive, and innovative labor union."
The Service Employees International Union (SEIU) is the largest and fastest-growing union in North America, with 2 million members in Healthcare, Property Services, and Public Services. SEIU is the nation’s largest healthcare union and is working to expand access to quality, affordable and secure healthcare for all. SEIU Local 105 is a growing union and represents over 7,000 healthcare and property service workers in Colorado, but concentrated in the Denver Metro area.
Are you ready to be challenged and inspired? Are you ready to do meaningful work and be part of struggles that you would tell your friends and/or grandkids about? Are you ready to do multi-faceted work that builds power for working people? If so, we want to hear from you!
About the Position
Full-time Internal organizer to support an SEIU Local based in Denver, Colorado.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Effectively recruit and develop new leaders
· Foster worksite communication and build leadership structures
· Develop and execute large internal organizing and bargaining support campaigns
· Develop and execute plans for worksite campaigns for specific issues including budget concerns, contract negotiations, health & safety, etc.
· Enforce and bargain contracts
· Conduct worksite meetings and labor management meetings
· Encourage participation in political and lobbying activities
· Prepare and manage work plans, calendars, files, reports and other records
Includes other duties as assigned.
· Commitment to social justice
· Proven experience with above job responsibilities in other paid, professional positions
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to effectively plan and implement work and manage time, as part of a team and individually
· Willingness and ability to work long and irregular hours, including evenings and weekends
· Flexibility for travel based on work assignments
· Intermediate experience and knowledge of computer programs is needed (such as Word, Publisher, and Excel)
· Experience using VAN
· Driver's license and reliable car is a must
· Motivated self-starter who is also a solid team player and can meet goals
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Strong personal planning and time management skills
· The ability to work with people from other cultures and backgrounds and move workers into action
SALARY & BENEFITS
· Salary is competitive and flexible based on prior labor or relevant experience and staff union contract
· Full benefits package including health insurance, pension plan, car allowance, and paid vacation
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit resume ASAP, position is open until filled.
To apply email a resume with cover letter explaining interest and qualifications to:
Sun Strait, Healthcare Director, email@example.com
SEIU Local105 is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.