The Agency on Aging of South Central Connecticut (AOASCC) is an independent non-profit organization serving older adults, individuals with disabilities and caregivers in greater New Haven and the lower Valley. Our mission is to empower adults to remain as independent and engaged as possible within their communities through services, advocacy, and information. We continue to grow and develop new programs to reach more individuals in our community who need our support
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Direct and lead the Agency’s Data and Information Systems and Infrastructure
- Serve as the Agency’s Salesforce Administrator.
- Maintain and leverage Salesforce-related integrations.
- Research best practices and become the in-house expert on third party integrated software tools.
- Design, document, and lead training for staff on Salesforce and related systems.
- Field, investigate, and respond to requests to build and update new fields and functions in Salesforce and related systems.
- Ensure data is entered correctly regularly across users by streamlining data entry processes and training staff on data governance guidelines for maintaining and using data.
- Ensure that organizational data is handled in a secure manner.
- Manage relationships and projects with Salesforce consultant(s) as needed.
Lead and/or Support Data Analysis Efforts
- Analyze and visualize data to inform strategic decision making, to improve internal operations, and to assist fundraising efforts and program team members in evaluating the impact of their programs.
- Proactively lead and collaborate with staff to identify how to leverage existing and new data systems and infrastructure to efficiently collect, manage, and analyze data.
- Partner cross-functionally to develop performance dashboards and assess options for using additional data visualization tools like Tableau.
Develop Short and Long-Term Information and Data System Strategies for the Agency
- Understand the short and long-term organizational strategies and evolving day-to-day needs. Develop recommendations to maintain and enhance data systems and infrastructure.
- Build effective data-sharing relationships with the State, funding partners, and other Area Agencies on Aging, and serve as an advocate for good data practices in the sector.
- Stay abreast of developments in State data requirements and reporting modalities; and ensure the Agency can exchange data with the State and other funders in an efficient and accurate manner.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in public or business administration, social services, human services, or computer science. A Master’s degree or equivalent experience is strongly preferred. Experience in database administration and data analysis is also required.
- A minimum of 8+ years' experience in data management and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to decipher and organize large amounts of data.
- An analytical mindset with superb communication and problem-solving skills.
- A comprehensive understanding of data administration in a non-profit health and human services context
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Salesforce Administrator or Platform App Builder certification preferred, alternative database administration certifications e.g. MSCE Data Management and Analytics considered.