About Race Forward:
Race Forward is a national racial justice organization founded in 1981. We envision a vibrant world in which people of all races create, share and enjoy resources and relationships equitably, unleashing individual potential, embracing collective responsibility and generating global prosperity. We strive to be a leading values-driven social justice enterprise where the culture and commitment created by our multi-racial and diverse staff supports individual and organizational excellence and sustainability.
Race Forward advances racial justice through research, media and practice. We bring systemic analysis and an innovative approach to complex race issues to help people take effective action toward racial equity. Race Forward publishes the daily news site Colorlines and presents Facing Race, the country’s largest multiracial annual conference focused on racial justice.
The Human Resources Generalist originates and leads HR practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce. Manages the day-to-day operations of the Human Resource office. Manages the administration of human resources policies, procedures, and programs; carrying out responsibilities in the following functional areas: Human Resource systems, HR policy development, employee relations, training and development, benefits, compensation, organizational development, and employment.
- Administer compensation and benefit plans
- Assist in talent acquisition and recruitment processes
- Perform payroll under supervision of the SVP, Administration & Finance
- Conduct employee onboarding and help plan training & development
- Provide the highest quality customer service support to employees on various HR related topics, including leave, compensation, open enrollment, etc. and resolve issues and problems
- Promote HR programs to create an efficient and conflict-free workplace
- Assist in development and implementation of human resource policies
- Undertake tasks in performance management
- Gather and analyze data with useful HR metrics
- Maintain employee files and records in electronic and paper form
- Assumes other responsibilities as assigned by the Senior Vice President for Finance & Administration
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices.
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other Human Resources programs.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Excel and demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping.
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, or Organization Development or equivalent preferred.
- Three to five plus years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources positions.
- Specialized training in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, training, and preventive labor relations, preferred.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or SHRM-CP certification preferred but not required.
Employer paid Health, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance, Commuter/Remote Benefits, competitive Time off policies, and employer retirement contribution.
Minimum Education Required