A House on Beekman’s aim is to create a seamless series of programs from birth to career that empowers the next generation of the South Bronx to live into their full potential. Program Directors will oversee and ensure that exceptional programming is being provided to students and families in the Mott Haven neighborhood of the South Bronx in order to reach our mission.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
● Demonstrated leadership and management skills.
● Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with culturally, ethnically, and socio-economically diverse groups of stakeholders (Staff, students, parents, outside agencies).
● Understanding of and commitment to the philosophy of A House on Beekman.
● Ability to motivate and support staff to create a collaborative team culture with a shared decision-making approach.
● Superior organizational and administrative skills. Ability to handle many responsibilities simultaneously.
● Understanding of organizational budgeting and the ability to manage the program’s financial operations.
● Flexibility and ability to promptly handle unanticipated situations or emergencies as they arise.
● Excellent communicator is able to express oneself clearly, effectively, and persuasively in oral and written form.
● Strong personal commitment to ongoing learning and growth.
● Understanding of inclusive approach to special education.
● Demonstrated experience in student advocacy.
● Demonstrated experience in the design and management of programming, instructional practices, staff development.
● Knowledge of post-secondary education admissions, financial aid practices, and student resources.
● Proficiency in Spanish and English preferred.
● Work alongside Senior Director of Programming to create and maintain relationships with area middle and high schools.
● Actively participate on the Leadership Team alongside other Program Directors.
● Maintain relationships with families and students in Secondary programs.
● Oversee, supervise and evaluate staff to ensure quality of interactions with families and students.
● Work alongside Senior Director of Programming to develop framework for advocate visits.
● Work alongside Executive Director and Senior Director of External Engagement to identify internship and job opportunities for students.
● Oversee recruitment and maintenance of student roster.
● Oversee programming of Beyond School site.
● Oversee the Spring Break college tour for secondary students.
● Weekly meetings with direct reports.
● Oversee volunteer participation in secondary programs.
● Implement summer programming for secondary students.
● Work alongside the HR team to ensure successful onboarding of new staff.
● Oversee substitute coverage for secondary programs.
Expected Work Schedule
This is a year-round, full-time position, working up to 50 hours a week.
● Master’s Degree in Education, Youth Development, Counseling or a related field (or working towards Master’s)
● Two years experience in a youth-related field
● State Central Registry (SCR) General Background Check
● NY State Mandated Reporter Training
● DOE/DOI Fingerprint Clearance
● FDNY Certification (not immediately)
This job operates in a professional environment. The role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
There will be occasional travel for student trips, leadership meetings and conferences.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This role will also require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
A House on Beekman’s aim is to create a seamless series of programs from birth to career that empowers the next generation of the South Bronx to live into their full potential. Program Directors will oversee and ensure that…
English and Spanish preferred
English and Spanish preferred
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday September 24th, 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday September 24th, 2021. Applications will be reviewed…