This high-level leadership position within the Wisconsin Union Theater manages all arts ticketing operations including oversight of Campus Arts Ticketing. This position works with internal and external stakeholders to address ticketing needs, provides oversight for Memorial Union and satellite Box Office operations, and works toward continuous improvement in the arts ticketing program. This position directs training and execution of customer service initiatives, manages the ticketing system, establishes a system of internal controls, and oversee the ticketing budget. Additionally, this position oversees the implementation of operational procedures and both full time and student staff to ensure effective customer service and achievement of organizational goals. Lastly, this position contributes to the Wisconsin Union's ability to create a welcoming, equitable, and inclusive environment.
Oversees customer services and/or retail programs and operations including the implementation of operational procedures and proper staffing to ensure effective customer service and achievement of overall unit goals.
· 15% Directs and audits customer services and/or retail program operations to ensure customer service objectives are met
· 20% Implements operational procedures, methods, and policies to achieve established goals, meet compliance requirements, and ensure effective service
· 10% Develops and schedules unit operational work plans
· 20% Provides operational and strategic guidance to all unit staff
· 10% Identifies, develops, and facilitates staff training opportunities
· 5% May create and monitor the unit operating budget and approve expenditures
· 10% Exercises supervisory authority, including hiring, promoting, managing conduct and performance, discharging, assigning, rewarding, disciplining, and/or approving hours worked of at least 2 full-time equivalent (FTE) employees
· 5% Serves as the unit liaison to ticketing software company as well as internal and external stakeholder groups providing arts ticketing and activities information and representing the interests of the unit
· 5% Work with IT professionals to ensure proper networking and cybersecurity for Memorial Union Box Office and satellite box office locations and serve as Campus Arts Ticketing's PCI Compliance Official in conjunction with UW-M's PCI Compliance team
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
Three to five years of experience in a supervisory role within a performing arts organization overseeing ticketing services including box office operations, subscriptions, ticket sales strategies, customer relations, and patron services.
· At least three years expertise in AudienceView ticketing software, financial management, accounting procedures, subscription sales, group sales, and PCI compliance
· In addition to ticketing software, must have extensive computer software experience including use of databases, spreadsheets, data management, and word processing. Some web development experience preferred
· Impeccable customer service and verbal and written communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to supervise, manage, and mentor full-time, part-time, and student employees
· Understanding of the importance of donor stewardship and working with development teams to cultivate relationships with key patrons
· Ability to work with IT professionals regarding networking requirements for ticket sales and financial transactions
· Excellent time management skills, ability to meet simultaneous deadlines
· Ability to multi-task and problem solve in a fast-paced work environment
· Ability and willingness to flex schedule to work nights and weekends when necessary; willingness to manage and adjust personal schedules to accommodate the needs of the Theater's cycle of events
· Experience working with and supervising university students a plus
Minimum $58,000 annual depending on qualifications
Applications close August 14 2022
This high-level leadership position within the Wisconsin Union Theater manages all arts ticketing operations including oversight of Campus Arts Ticketing. This position works with internal and external stakeholders to…