80 Hanson Place
StoryCorps was founded in 2003 with a mission to preserve and share humanity’s stories in order to build connections between people and create a more just and compassionate world. Over the past 14 years, we have provided an estimated 400,000 people from across the U.S. with powerful opportunities to record interviews about their lives, pass wisdom from one generation to the next, and leave a legacy for future generations in our archive at the Library of Congress. Select interviews are edited for weekly broadcast on NPR’s Morning Edition and/or inclusion in our animations and podcasts. Together, these reach a broad national audience of tens-of-millions on public and digital media. All StoryCorps activities, from the delivery of our interview service, to our archive, to the creation and distribution of our produced content, are carried out with an unwavering commitment to excellence and the inclusion of underrepresented populations. Over the years, we have partnered with thousands of community organization from across the country to provide our interview service to their constituents. By collection, preserving, and broadly disseminating authentic voices from diverse participants across the U.S., StoryCorps promotes a deeper understanding – both historic and contemporary – of the many communities that constitute our nation. Our work has been widely recognized with several George Foster Peabody Awards, A MacArthur Award for Creative and Effective Institutions, the 2015 TED Prize, and a 2016 Emmy award for our animation, “Traffic Stop.”
The mission of StoryCorps’ Custom Services division is to support the diversification of StoryCorps’ revenue sectors by significantly growing a stream of sustainable fee-for-service revenue (in excess of expenses) to support StoryCorps' core programs.
The Custom Services team makes StoryCorps services available to organizations and companies, outside of our grant-funded work, by setting up interview recording days, including events featuring the StoryCorps’ iconic Airstream MobileBooth, and creating meaningful audio and visual content in the signature StoryCorps broadcast style.
The primary responsibility for the Associate, Custom Services will be to support the Custom Services team with database administration and contracts coordination. The Associate will be a key member of the four-person department, and contribute to a variety of projects including administrative support for all aspects of the department’s work, including supporting the planning of interview-recording days and other core services for partner organizations. The Associate reports to the Director, Strategic Engagement & Custom Services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to web and phone inquiries about StoryCorps’ services; this includes maintenance of the Custom Services online leads management platform, ZenDesk
- Maintain the department’s customer relationship management database (both Sugar and Salesforce)
- Coordinate with Legal Affairs and Finance departments to prepare contracts and invoices
- Work with various StoryCorps department staff (i.e. Public Information and Marketing & Communications) to coordinate information and support work, as it pertains to the Custom Services work (and potential work) with partners
- Support the creation of new content Custom Services digital and print marketing materials
- Ensure complete satisfaction of potential partners, promptly resolve any issues, and maintain relationships with past partners (with support from the Custom Services team)
- Support Custom Services team members with planning recording days and content creation
- Perform other duties to support the Custom Services department, as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications:
- 1 year experience in nonprofit development, administration, project management, or a related field
- Bachelor’s Degree, or high school diploma/equivalency plus four (4) years of relevant work experience
- Strong computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word and Excel)
- Strong custom service skills; experience in a public facing job is highly preferred
- Strong conflict resolution and teamwork skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Solid organization skills, multi-tasking ability, and attention to detail
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in order to contribute to problem-solving activities within a growing, changing organization
- Cultural competence and the ability to work successfully with diverse groups of people
- Proficiency on a Mac platform and with relationship management database software
- Fluency in a language other than English (Spanish preferred)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your last name and the position title in the subject line: for example, “Jones – Associate, Custom Services” Include your cover letter and resume as attachments titled “YourNameLetter” and “YourNameResume.” In your cover letter, please tell us how you found out about this opportunity and whether you have applied for a position at StoryCorps in the past.
StoryCorps seeks to hire staff who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. All positions at StoryCorps are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.