Details: The HOPE Program offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
HOPE currently achieves approximately 15% of our annual budget from a base of 1000 individual donors. We are seeking a Development Manager with major donor experience to grow this revenue stream.
● Develop and implement an individual donor program which leverages HOPE’s existing base of donors and volunteers to increase major gifts by 20% in two years
● Leverage corporate engagement opportunities to identify and cultivate prospective individual donors
● Support Development Department in all aspects of the annual appeal, including development of collateral, donor lists and letters; list management; board engagement; and logistics of a 2,500+ piece mailing; oversee social media, donor follow up and other strategies to exceed $225,000 in individual contributions.
● Ensure effective donor stewardship through prompt and compelling thank you letters, phone calls and other cultivation
● Maintain meticulous records of donor engagement through Fund – EZ and Salesforce.com databases
The Development Manager has lead responsibility for HOPE’s signature events. Our lead event is A Taste of HOPE, a cocktail-style gala that takes place in May. Additional events include Humor for HOPE as well as new initiatives to cultivate major donors.
● Work with Development Department, Executive Director and Board of Directors to identify event leadership, build and support a committee, and engage sponsors to achieve A Taste of HOPE fundraising goal ($400,000 in FY’19)
● Identify and solicit in-kind food and beverage sponsors for A Taste of HOPE
● Coordinate all logistics for A Taste of HOPE, including venue, catering, audiovisual, presentations, sponsors, journal, volunteers and others.
● Cultivate existing and prospective sponsors for the Hunts Point Hustle, growing this event from $20,000 to $50,000 in three years
● Engage community partners, media and other resources to achieve goal of 200 – 300 participants
● Coordinate all logistics for the Hustle, including permits, vendors, food and beverage partners, and volunteers
● Work with Gotham Comedy Club to secure a date and book talent for Humor for HOPE; coordinate outreach and communication with Board and staff to meet or exceed attendance goals.
● Coordinate logistics for two annual student events, graduation and holiday party, serving approximately 200 program graduates and their families
● Identify opportunities for new and innovative events to support HOPE’s mission
● Manage HOPE’s full-time Development Assistant
● Leverage HOPE’s active social media to support event and other fundraising goals
● Participate in weekly team meetings and monthly staff meetings
● Other duties as assigned
A dynamic and outgoing professional with demonstrated ability to succeed in a performance-driven environment. Experience in developing long-term relationships with funders, including corporations, individuals and the Board of Directors. Bachelor’s Degree with excellent computer, writing and interpersonal skills. This position is an active front-line fundraiser, meeting and interacting regularly with donors and prospects. Full or part-time position available.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For consideration interested candidates are invited to email cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please indicate in response how you learned of this opportunity. Resumes unaccompanied by a cover letter will not be reviewed. No telephone calls, please.
The HOPE Program is an equal opportunity employer.