West 140 Street
Intro/Program Description: Goddard Riverside's five-story residence on West 140th Street provides affordable, permanent supportive housing for 48 previously homeless adults suffering from mental illness. West 140th Street is funded by OMH and DHS. The building consists of fully furnished studio apartments, offices for the social service and building staff, and ample common space, including a dining room, kitchen, library and backyard. On-site resident services include: medication assistance, case management, money management, entitlement assistance, psychiatric care, substance abuse counseling, work-readiness training, group activities and 24 hour/7 day per week front-desk security.
Purpose of Position: West 140th Street is seeking a dynamic individual who will work with the Program Director to ensure the quality and integrity of the program. This person must be innovative, creative, and detail-oriented, with excellent organizational skills that will promote a proactive, high energy work ethic and positive work environment. The Assistant Program Director is responsible for integrating services, staff supervision, and assuming overall leadership of West 140th in the absence of the Program Director.
Role, Responsibilities, and Essential Duties
Ensure provision of quality and timely services, including psychiatric and medical care, entitlements, assessment & treatment planning, and linkages to day programs, clubhouses, employment, and recovery.
1. Supervision of staff
- Ensure that all documentation (including, but not limited to, progress notes, service plans, health forms, reports, etc.) is completed by direct service staff in a timely manner and within established deadlines as per agency and funding sources standards; provide coaching on West 140th Street policies and procedures
- Support evidence based practice models including person centered planning, motivational interviewing and strengths based approach
- Provide weekly supervision to staff; promote staff development, evaluate their work and initiate disciplinary action when required;
- Participate in intake/admission meetings
- Coordinate the scheduling of all contracted treatment providers and consultants.
- Oversight of client money management
2. Participate as a West 140th Street team member
- Collaborate with staff in other GRCC programs to coordinate client service
- Attend staff meetings, case conferences, training programs and supervision meetings
- Participate in planning and leading group activities
- Foster teamwork approach to client service planning and help ensure client centered services, utilizing evidence based practices.
- Collaborate to maintain an active resource directory
- Serve as Acting Director in the Director’s absence
- Assist Program Director in serving as liaison to other community services; attend meetings and develop new linkages
- Other duties as required
- LMSW/LCSW preferred, Masters Degree in Social Work or related field may be considered with experience
- Supervisory experience required
- Experience working with individuals diagnosed with mental illness and histories of homelessness preferred.
- Supportive Housing experience preferred
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) a plus
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Team oriented
- Good judgment and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Computer literate
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have/be:
- Able to work in the Microsoft Office Suite, should especially be proficient in Word and Outlook
- Able to use or learn to use AWARDS database
- Familiar with cloud-based payroll platforms such as Paycom (supervisor/manager functionality)
- Able to use or learn other electronic databases, programs, and funder-related software as needed
- Moderate computer work; occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs;
- Some walking and some stairs to visit with clients in their apartments
- Indoor office
- Some client home visits may be required
Level of Language Proficiency
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) a plus
Minimum Education Required