The Every Child Ready Implementation Manager plays a critical role in achieving the mission of AppleTree Institute for Education Innovation. This new role oversees local implementation of the Every Child Ready Instructional model, which provides direct and indirect services to over 3,000 children in the District of Columbia.
The Implementation Manager reports to the Director of Teaching and Learning and works within the Teaching and Learning Team.
Duties and Responsibilities
Oversee Implementation of the Every Child Ready Instructional Model
- Develops customized Every Child Ready implementation (ECR) plans for all LEAs in the immediate Washington, D.C. region.
- Manages ongoing implementation of the ECR Instructional model.
- Anticipates individual LEA needs and supports in writing and adapting ECR implementation plans in order to achieve mutually beneficial long-term objectives and goals.
- Works directly with Chief of Strategic Initiatives to scope and deliver LEA service agreements.
- Is a strong communicator and builds strong, collaborative relationships with current partners in the Every Child Ready network.
Lead AppleTree Institute for Education Innovation’s Instructional Quality Implementation Team (Washington, D.C.)
- Manages the implementation team and supervises in-school ECR Instructional Coaches, Assessment Specialist, and Implementation Coordinator.
- Oversees ECR assessment training including child level and classroom quality measures.
- Creates and maintains the assessment calendar for ECR network and ensures completion and fidelity of assessment administration.
- Coordinates with Education Technology team to ensure timely delivery and accuracy of ECR data reports.
- Oversees hiring and training of implementation contractors, including classroom quality observers and child assessors as needed.
- Manages logistics and delivery of professional learning events, including Summer Institute and Empowering Quality Instructional Leaders workshop series.
- Supervises and mentors ECR Instructional Coaches to ensure ECR instructional coaching model is implemented based on individual schools implementation plans
- Communicates information to implementation partners in a variety of formats including, data reporting for instructional leaders and a monthly newsletter.
Contribute to the Strategic Growth of the Every Child Ready Network
- Works with senior leadership to achieve local strategic growth goals.
- Maintains deep knowledge of the early childhood landscape and the ECR service portfolio to ensure appropriate recommendations of processes and procedures to improve the LEA's overall experience.
- Coordinates with AIQ leadership to educate LEAs about new ECR products and services.
- Participates in school tours, highlighting implementation of ECR instructional model.
- Participates in the Priority Planning Process outside of the DC Area for up to four days as requested.
- Contributes to the creation of reports and presentations to ATI leadership, the Every Child Ready network, and other stakeholders as requested.
- Travel to local LEAs each month, including observations, school tours, and meetings with instructional leaders up to 20% of time.
- Reliable transportation is required.
- Candidates must demonstrate mastery of the application of multiple data sources to ensure high-quality early learning experiences.
Contributes to a community of practice
- Attend meetings as needed.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work collaboratively and lead teams.
- Respects confidentiality.
- Demonstrates punctuality, good attendance, and professionalism for all duties.
- Maintain cooperative, respectful and supportive relationships with colleagues.
- Effectively use time and resources.
- Candidates must have a Master’s degree in early childhood education, elementary education, special education, curriculum and instruction, or a closely related field.
- Has deep knowledge of Response to Intervention.
- Demonstrated ability to develop positive, effective and mutually beneficial relationships with a variety of stakeholders within AppleTree Schools, the AppleTree enterprise, and the greater Washington, D.C. education community.
- Proficient understanding of local accountability structures, including but not limited to the Public Charter School Board Performance Management Framework (PCSB: PMF).
- Experience with coaching or facilitating learning for adults is required including classroom-based instructional coaching experience outside the classroom. In addition, 3 years of successful professional teaching experience required, 5 years preferred.
- Active CLASS PK observer certification.
- Educational leadership background, experience in educational nonprofit or charter sector preferred.
- Experience leading early childhood teaching and learning, experience with ECR preferred.
- Ability to think strategically and ensure efficient use of resources.
- Effective problem solver and predictive thinker.
- Technological proficiency in GSuite, Asana, Microsoft Office and willingness to learn new technology platforms as required.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with supervision or management of a team.
The preceding description is not designed to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required of the Every Child Ready Implementation Manager.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary commensurate with education and experience, including excellent benefits.
- Collaborative work environment.
- Competitive health care and dental benefits.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Commitment to Diversity
At AppleTree, we endeavor to foster an environment where each person’s true self and experience is welcome. We believe that only with a diverse and inclusive environment can you truly celebrate and support all students, families, and staff. Our commitment to diversity is founded on the belief that our community is strengthened by the vibrant exchange that occurs when individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, and heritages share their various perspectives with one another.
To apply, please send a letter of interest and resume or curriculum vitae to Kelly Trygstad at email@example.com. Please include “Every Child Ready Implementation Manager” in the subject line of the email.