Details: Competitive compensation and benefits package
47 West Street
WHO WE ARE
Located in downtown Boston, Bridge Over Troubled Waters is the city’s premier organization dedicated to transforming the lives of runaway, homeless and high risk youth through safe, supportive, and encouraging relationships and effective and innovative services that guide them toward self-sufficiency and fulfilling, meaningful futures. After more than 40 years, it remains a national model and program incubator for youth development services which are effective in helping the most troubled and vulnerable homeless youth to turn their lives around. If you care about making a difference in the lives of young people, we are interested in hearing from you! To learn more about us, visit www.bridgeotw.org.
Bridge serves a diverse population of young people and values a similar diversity in our staff and volunteers. For this reason, we strongly encourage members of under-represented groups to apply for our employment opportunities.
The Awake Overnight Counselor will be responsible for the supervision of all clients during the overnight shift at the Emergency Residence Program. Maintaining a safe and positive environment and ensure clients well-being. Overnight Counselors need to be alert and able to respond to any issues that may arise.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Familiarize new youth with the program
• Provide clients with advocacy, referrals, crisis intervention and supportive counseling appointments
• Ensure clients are following the guidelines and expectations of the program
• Monitor clients behaviors to ensure the safety of themselves and those around them through direct client/ staff interaction
• Prepare clients for independent living through various life skills activities. Which includes cooking, socialization, and group interaction
• Participate in monthly all staff meeting
• Supervision with Emergency Program Coordinator
• Ensure that all activities, services and programs through Bridge are conducted in a manner that is sensitive to and shows respect for the cultural and ethnic diversity for all Bridge clients
• Must have the ability to remain awake and alert during the overnight shift
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree and two or more years’ experience working with adolescents or equivalent combination of education and experience
• CPR/First Aid Certified
• Previous experience in one or more of the following areas: homelessness, substance abuse, human service organization
• Valid Massachusetts driver’s license required
• Continuous clean driver’s record
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Bridge Over Troubled Waters is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Employer paid Life, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Vacation, Holiday, Sick, Personal and Birthday Time
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
Minimum Education Required