SNMA seeks a Communications and Marketing Specialist to support our efforts to:
- To maintain SNMA’s reputation as the authoritative voice and leader in academic preparation, leadership development, and recruitment of underrepresented minority medical students.
- Develop a plan to increase the visibility of SNMA programs and initiatives to members and key stakeholders and public-facing audiences (sponsors, alumni, and the general public)
- Distinguish Annual Medical Education Conference (AMEC) as the premiere conference for education, leadership and networking opportunities for underrepresented minority medical students
- Enhance overall digital footprint (e.g. Website and social media, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SNMA blog, etc.)
- Improve the visibility of digital publications (JSNMA, SNMA Pulse)
Candidate must be: Organized and self-motivated with a keen interest in driving strategic messages to key internal and external stakeholders. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, strategic thinker with meticulous attention to detail, exceptional writing skills, working well under pressure, and meeting deadlines. Proactive project management and organizational skills and a portfolio of work available for review.
Communications and Marketing Specialist Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement an integrated communication and marketing plan
- Work with key internal stakeholders to brainstorm content ideas, in line with the SNMA’s mission, and support of various program initiatives
- Works with staff, and national committees to coordinate and effectively communicate with their target audiences with whom they work, such as members, exhibitors, sponsors, donors, or alumni
- Guides production of the quarterly journal and weekly digital newsletter
- Helps set editorial agenda, writes select pieces, and copy edits internally sourced materials such as policy statements, e-newsletters, conference programs and brochures
- Assist in marketing attendance at the SNMA’s Annual Medical Education Conference, membership, fundraising, and supporting marketing for JSNMA and SNMA Pulse in collaboration with the Publications Committee
- Research and write press releases, content for the website, infographics, blogs, and newsletters.
- Answer media inquiries, compile publications, and market events
- Build and maintain relationships with journalists and key external stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, journalism, public relations or a related field (essential)
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in communications strategy development (essential)
- Experience in healthcare, academic medicine, or working with a professional member-based organization preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiasm for SNMA’s mission and the role of a diverse healthcare workforce
- Content writing experience for all media platforms
- Experience monitoring and leveraging web analytics and social media marketing data to inform strategies
· Graphic design--Adobe Indesign, Canva, Photoshop, or other design software
· Database- Cision, or newswire service
· Email Marketing-- MailChimp, Constant Contact, SalesForce Marketing Cloud, High Roads, Blue Jeans or other e-marketing tool
· HTML, Video Editing experience strongly desired.