Details: The salary for this position is $20/hour
Founded in 1992, After-School All-Stars is a national non-profit organization which provides free, daily afterschool programs to nearly 75,000 children in need on nearly 350 school sites in 17 chapters across the U.S. Our goals for our All-Stars are to be healthy and active, to graduate high school and go on to college, to find a job that they love and to give back to their communities. We achieve this by identifying and fueling our students' individual passions, tying their interests to tailored academic support, enrichment and health and fitness programming.
A Unique Opportunity
After-School All-Stars is currently seeking a Finance Analyst (FA) to help support the headquarters of a non-profit. The FA will be a key member of the Operations Team with responsibilities in finance, accounting, and business operations. The FA can expect to gain a wealth of experience in non-profit accounting.
· Work with Director of Operations and back office accounting firm to manage accounts payable/receivable for the national office and all wholly owned chapters including tracking of net assets and restricted funding
· Manage ASAS in-kind donations and reporting
· Assist with the yearly preparation of the Audit/990
· Receive and track revenue for the national office and wholly owned chapters keeping the CEO and development department updated as needed.
· Cultivate and maintain relationships between the ASAS national office and the broader ASAS network.
· Manage contracts with vendors to maximize efficiency and minimize cost, establishing new procedures where necessary
· Organize and maintain files, records and guides as it relates to finance/accounting.
· Word processing, filing, and photocopying
· Salesforce data entry
· Perform administrative duties as necessary
Who should apply?
The FA will embody ASAS’s core values: entrepreneurial, collaborative, transparent, accountable, and proactive. The successful candidate should have one to two years of accounting experience through work or school, preferably in a nonprofit office setting. Undergraduate degree preferred.
· Organized with excellent written communication skills
· Dependable, conscientious, detail oriented and capable of managing deadlines
· Capable of working independently as well as part of a team
· Flexible and able to adapt to changing position demands
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office is required
· Ability to work under time constraints and meet deadlines
· Pride in self, work and organization with tasks performed at a high level of accuracy
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. ASAS offers competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision and 403b.
Minimum Education Required