Details: $15.00 per hour with some over time when needed
71 Cherry Street
Building Maintenance Manager responsibilities and duties: Implement and oversee all facility-related maintenance programs and procedures to support the Margaret Fuller Neighborhood House standards of clean, safe, and in good repair.
Position Summary: This position will be responsible for providing maintenance support services on a part time basis. Work hours will be Tuesday to Friday from 5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm. This position will report directly to the Director of Facilities and business operations.
Responsibilities: Daily duties will consist of the following:
- Removing trash from offices, restroom and common areas.
- Vacuuming of all office areas, conference rooms, hallways, etc.
- Cleaning bathrooms, computer lab, kitchen area, including vacuuming and sanitizing.
- Detail work at public areas including dusting, vacuuming and cleaning glass in common areas, entrances, conference rooms, etc.
Minimum Job Requirements
· Must have a minimum of five years’ experience in general matinace and facility repair maintenance.
· Standing, walking, lifting, twisting, and bending on a frequent basis.
· Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and carry it up to 90 feet (or deposit into dumpster or trash compactor).
· Demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiencies in building trades including painting, wallpapering, plumbing, and equipment repair.
- Demonstrated administrative and follow up skills to achieve successful maintenance and repair programs.
- Work well with supervisors, peers, guests, vendors and community partners.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to provide clear and concise details regarding building issues.
- Perform daily, weekly, and monthly building inspections with a high attention to detail to identify necessary repairs.
- Perform routine maintenance and timely repairs in the areas of painting, carpentry, plumbing, and all related building components.
- Provide constant attention to all life safety issues; ensure building emergency systems are operational through in-house inspections.
- Report all facility issues that are not immediately repairable to the Director of Finance & Business Operations.
- Ensure consistent maintenance and repair methods for the facility.
- Develop routine systems to ensure constant monitoring of problem areas.
- Work with the Director of Finance & Business Operation to ensure facility procedures support an environment that is clean, safe and in good repair for both staff and guests.
- Follow instructions on safe use of all chemicals/cleaning materials.
- Perform tasks with tools, ladders, and lifts in a safe and effective manner.
- Ability to work and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Complete all other functions and assignments as assigned by the Director of fiancé & Business Operations (where applicable).
- Remove snow when needed while on duty (removal includes front/back entrances and sidewalk.).
- Clean and stock restrooms on a nightly basis.
- Receive and respond to staff reports of mechanical or maintenance issues.
- Paint facility when needed.
- Work with tools and supplies necessary to complete projects.
- Maintain fire, carbon monoxide, smoke and other safety systems within the facility.
- Calibrate instruments and tools required for job responsibilities
Minimum Education Required