The mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. Since our founding in 1951, The Nature Conservancy has protected more than 117 million acres of land and 5,000 miles of rivers worldwide — and we operate more than 100 marine conservation projects globally. We have more than 1 million members and dedicated staff working in all 50 United States and more than 30 countries around the world — we are everywhere you want to be!
The Science Program Manager works with the Lead Scientist and supervises and manages 4-6 members of the Washington Chapter science team and supports an innovative partnership between The Nature Conservancy’s Washington Chapter and the University of Washington’s College of the Environment. They serve as a subject matter resource for the Conservancy’s conservation initiatives. They manage science team budgets and contracts, while providing subject matter resource in social sciences, program evaluation, conservation technology, or data science.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Master’s Degree in science, engineering or technology related field and 5 years of experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Supervisory experience, including motivating, leading, setting objectives and managing performance.
- Experience managing complex or multiple projects, including managing finances and coordinating the work of other professionals and partners.
- Experience synthesizing, interpreting, and communicating scientific information.
- Effective communicator with the ability to relate scientific concepts to a variety of audiences, including members, donors, and the media.
- Experience developing and leveraging collaborative relationships.
- Ability to travel within Washington State; must have a valid driver’s license or ability to obtain one prior to beginning the position.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information and to apply, please visit www.nature.org/careers and search for job ID# 46917 in the keyword search. Deadline to apply is 11:59 PM EST October 26, 2018.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.