Religious Exploration Assistant - Unitarian Universalist
- Job posted by First Unitarian Universalist Church of Columbus
Details: $15 hourly for up to 15 hours weekly
93 W Weisheimer Rd
Position Title: Religious Education Assistant
Reports to: Director of Religious Education
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Part Time
Purpose and Basic Function:
To assist Director of Religious Education by providing administrative support for program administration. This position is responsible for ensuring administrative support of Religious Education for staff, volunteers, and families.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Weekly Religious Education Administration
- Compile attendance for Religious Education classes.
- Maintain and update Religious Education registration in Church Windows. Update registration forms on website each church year.
- Receive visitors’ forms for visiting families on Sunday and distribute them to DRE and classroom teachers.
- Print and edit RE insert for weekly order of service.
- Maintain and organize RE supply closet, purchasing additional supplies for teachers and staff as requested.
- Assist in volunteer recruitment for teachers and substitutes.
- Create name badges for children and youth participating in RE.
- Compile and track RE Sunday class attendance, assisting with projecting numbers for Fall at the end of the Spring.
- Prepare and maintain attendance binders.
- Design and adapt forms for RE.
- Maintain archives of attendance, registration, visitor forms, and background check authorizations.
2. Sunday Morning Religious Education Administration
- Attend to Religious Education Table each Sunday morning, assisting volunteers and creating welcome for newcomers and families.
- Ensure teachers have arrived for Religious Education and alert DRE if substitutes are needed.
- Assist RE teachers with classroom set-up and clean-up.
- Assist teachers with special needs children in classroom.
- Write incident reports as needed for injuries, etc. and report to DRE immediately.
3. Fall Religious Education Administration
- Assist with teacher orientation as requested.
- Enter teaching volunteers in database and maintain communication with teaching teams.
- Create attendance rosters for teachers, including personal information such as email addresses, allergies and medical needs while maintaining confidentiality of participants in program.
- Coordinate and run background checks on teachers and volunteers in program. Alert DRE of any concerns, while maintaining confidentiality of participants.
1. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
2. Previous experience with database entry and word processing
3. A work ethic and values which are consistent with the mission and values of First UU Church
4. Ability to relate to families of diverse backgrounds
5. Previous experience with website editing, statistics, and document editing preferred
6. Demonstrated ability to manage time well
$15 per hour for 15 hours weekly worked on Weds, Fri, Sun (for the right person, this schedule may be negotiable). Must be able work Sundays consistently.
Level of Language Proficiency
English fluency required
Minimum Education Required