Details: This is a full-time, temporary, non-exempt position. The hourly wage is $18.09 per hour.
7900 Edgewater Drive
Are you interested in using your operations experience to make the difference in the lives of 116,000 Alameda County residents every month? Are you customer-focused, organized, attentive to detail, and someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment? Do you strongly believe that no man, woman or child in Alameda County should go to bed hungry? If you said yes to any of these questions, then please consider joining the Alameda County Community Food Bank's mission of passionately pursuing a hunger-free community.
The Holiday Food Drive Assistant assists in managing the logistics of hundreds of food drives throughout the holiday season and serves as a liaison with community participants. A successful candidate creates opportunities to increase food collection and support for the Food Bank, while providing excellent customer support to existing donors.
The 2016 Feeding America Food Bank of the Year, Alameda County Community Food Bank is a well-established and multi-faceted organization serving one in five Alameda County residents. Our organization's success is built on bold decision-making, a culture of equity and inclusivity, and an environment that embraces innovative thinking to create a healthier, more prosperous and just community for all. The distribution of 38 million meals annually, through partnership with 200 community organizations, is the core of our efforts -- which also include nationally recognized advocacy and outreach efforts, nutrition and wellness, research, and partnerships in healthcare and education. We have received Charity Navigator's top rating for 11 consecutive years, ranking us among the top one percent of charities nationwide. Please learn more about our efforts at www.accfb.org.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Accurate typing at a speed of at least 55-60+ wpm (test will be administered).
- Reliable and dependable workplace performance. Must be an excellent team player.
- Previous experience providing excellent customer service and maintaining a calm, friendly and tactful demeanor during high volume periods via phone calls, written correspondence, and in-person interactions.
- Strong organizational capabilities and attention to detail are essential.
- Effective communication with staff is essential.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively across departments to meet deadlines.
- Must have at least beginner level proficiency in MS Office Suite and experience with databases; experience with SalesForce a plus!
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines.
- Basic mathematical skills for accurate record keeping.
- Ability to attend work functions outside of normal work location and hours, on weekend as needed.
- Valid CA driver's license, insurable driving record, valid auto insurance and access to reliable transportation.
Personal Attributes and Values
- Passion, enthusiasm, focus, and creativity around Alameda County Community Food Bank's vision, mission and values of community, leadership, transparency, and diversity.
- Impeccable integrity and honesty.
- Strong work ethic with an orientation towards constant innovation and process improvement.
- Innovative self-starter and problem solver with a bias towards action.
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative setting with people of diverse backgrounds and circumstances.
This is work primarily located in an office environment. Physical activities necessary in the performance of this job:
- Sitting for prolonged periods, mobility to move throughout the Food Bank in performance of duties.
- Ability to communicate in clear speaking voice in person and over the phone in English, listening, communicating information in a clear and articulate manner.
- Writing, reading and ability to comprehend information.
- Ability to use a computer to perform writing tasks. Ability to lift 35 lbs.
- Involves the need for a flexible schedule for occasional weekend events.
This position will last from September 11, 2018 through January 11, 2019, working Monday through Friday, 8:30 to 5:00.
ACCFB provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ACCFB complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the ACCFB has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you meet these qualifications and want to join our mission, please send your resume and cover letter through our Careers page located at www.accfb.org/about-us/careers/.
Due to high volume from our open positions and our limited capacity, we are unable to accept phone inquiries at this time. Thank you for your interest!