1666 K Street Northwest
District of Columbia
AcademyHealth, the professional home for health services researchers and policy analysts, is currently seeking a coordinator for its marketing team. The marketing coordinator supports, and in some instances leads, marketing efforts for several AcademyHealth programs and initiatives, writes and reviews promotional copy, maintains promotional calendars, and compiles and maintains marketing metrics.
The ideal candidate is highly organized, a great writer, comfortable reviewing and understanding metrics, and eager to take on new challenges. The associate is the junior member of the communications team. Early career professionals with two years or less of experience are encouraged to apply. Familiarity with health care issues and policy is beneficial, but not required.
- Lead the marketing efforts for AcademyHealth scholarships, fellowships, awards, orientations, and webinars.
- Assist with the promotion of AcademyHealth’s suite of conferences.
- Write and edit marketing materials, including website, email, collateral and social media content.
- Collect and report metrics on the results of marketing and communications initiatives.
- Research and build new audience and marketing contact lists.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or communications, OR a comparable degree in health policy with demonstrated communications experience.
- Ability to think proactively and act independently.
- Ability to work diplomatically with different groups of people, and as part of a team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in common word processing, database management, email, and internet applications.
- Limited amount of travel to meetings is expected.
AcademyHealth offers a collegial work environment, countless professional development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified applicants should send cover letter, resume and writing sample to Human Resources, AcademyHealth, 1666 K Street NW, Suite 1100, Washington, DC 20006. Fax: 202-292-6800. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to reference the position for which you are applying.