Are you an experienced youth development or education professional with a passion for increasing economic opportunity for underserved young people? Urban Alliance (UA), a national youth development nonprofit, is seeking a Program Coordinator for its Detroit region to manage a cohort of approximately 30 interns participating in a year-long internship program, support employer partners, and facilitate professional development trainings. This position reports to the Detroit Program Manager.
About Urban Alliance
Urban Alliance provides economically-disadvantaged young people with the exposure, opportunity, support, and training needed to prepare them for lifelong economic self-sufficiency. Urban Alliance’s core youth employment model – the High School Internship Program – matches underserved high school seniors with year-long professional development training and mentoring, 9-month paid internships, and ongoing post-program support to expand their idea of what’s possible for their future. Founded in Washington, D.C. in 1996, Urban Alliance has since expanded to Baltimore, Chicago, Northern Virginia, and Detroit. To date, Urban Alliance has placed over 5,000 students in paid internships and served 20,000 more through job skills training.
· Intern support – Recruit students to participate in the program; Monitor the professional and academic performance of at least 30 high school interns; Formally evaluate intern job performance and skill development; Counsel interns on post-high school options; Troubleshoot and mediate job-site conflicts.
· External relationship management – Build and maintain relationships with students, mentors (i.e., job site supervisors), parents, and school-level staff.
· Facilitation – Facilitate approximately four weeks of pre-employment training in key 21st century skills every Fall and weekly professional development workshops from October to July, annually.
· Data management – Track, analyze, and report program and intern data; Actively use outcome data to guide program decisions for real-time course corrections per the Program Manager’s guidance.
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· At least two years prior experience in youth development and/or curriculum development and facilitation.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with diverse constituents.
· Demonstrated ability to implement programming at fidelity, make data-driven decisions, and execute long-term strategy while addressing unforeseen student needs, as they arise.
· Experience working with community organizations and schools in under-resourced areas.
· Ability to meet tight deadlines and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
· Proficiency in MS Office Suite and SalesForce.
· Ability to commit to at least two consecutive years of employment with Urban Alliance.
· Passion for the Urban Alliance mission.
Are you an experienced youth development or education professional with a passion for increasing economic opportunity for underserved young people? Urban Alliance (UA), a national youth development nonprofit, is seeking a Program…
Please submit a resume and cover letter in a single PDF document addressed to Julia Blok, Program Director – Detroit. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and should be emailed to Careers@theurbanalliance.org with the subject line: Program Coordinator, Detroit.
Note: Please do not call to inquire about the position. Any application submitted through means not stated above will not be considered. Due to the volume of applications received, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more at www.theurbanalliance.org.
Please submit a resume and cover letter in a single PDF document addressed to Julia Blok, Program Director – Detroit. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and…