Trainer/Technical Assistance Specialist, Sexual & Reproductive Health and Maternal & Infant Health Services
- Job posted by CAI
Details: CAI offers a competitive salary based on educational level and professional experience.
505 Eighth Avenue
CAI, a training, technical assistance and research-to-practice nonprofit organization is seeking a highly motivated professional for the full-time position of Trainer/Technical Assistance Specialist - Sexual & Reproductive Health and Maternal & Infant Health Services in CAI’s NYC office to work on two of CAI’s projects: The School Based Health Center Project and The Maternal Infant Health Project. This is a full-time, exempt position.
This person will be responsible for providing trainings for CAI’s School-Based Health Center (SBHC) project. This project focuses on building the capacity of NYC school-based health center staff to provide sexual and reproductive health services to students. This person will also be responsible for providing technical assistance for agencies working with CAI’s NYCDOHMH/Public Health Solution’s funded Maternal and Infant Health (MIH) Project. This project brings together 22 agencies across New York City in a collaborative learning process to deliver intensive interventions to neighborhoods with the greatest disparities in maternal and infant health outcomes.
MAJOR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include, but are not limited to):
- Deliver CAI training courses to a defined level of quality utilizing adult learning principles
- Contribute to curriculum writing and training material development
- Stay abreast of current literature and research related to adolescent health, sexual & reproductive health, and maternal & infant health
- Utilize evidence-based knowledge and best practices to inform curricula, training materials and other resources
- Provide ongoing phone and onsite technical assistance to agencies providing MIH services related to women’s health, breastfeeding, safe sleep, toxic stress & trauma, and family planning in NYC
- Regular travel to sites within NYC
- Other duties as necessary/assigned
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIRED SKILLS:
This is an advanced level position that requires a Master’s Degree with expertise in sexual & reproductive health and/or maternal & infant health as well as experience providing training to adults in a public health arena. Summary of requirements is provided below.
· Master’s degree in related field (MPH preferred)
· Knowledgeable and skilled in developing and delivering adult training programs
· Minimum of 2 years of experience providing training to adults in a public health arena
· Strong training and presentation skills
· Adaptability and flexibility in approach to training techniques
· Expertise in sexual and reproductive health services and/or maternal/infant health services
· Expertise in social determinants of health and sexual & reproductive justice issues
· Ability to work both independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team
· Detail oriented, highly organized, and able to multi-task/manage multiple projects
· Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
CAI offers a full range of employee benefits and paid time off.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
CAI offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits and working conditions. For immediate consideration: EMAIL, MAIL or FAX your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to our Human Resources Department, Attention: “Trainer/Technical Assistance Specialist - Sexual & Reproductive Health and Maternal & Infant Health Services” search.
Mail: CAI Human Resources Department 505 Eighth Avenue, Suite 1900 New York, NY 10018