District of Columbia
KIPP DC is a non-profit network of high-performing, college-preparatory public charter schools in Washington, D.C. All KIPP DC schools are tuition-free, open enrollment schools, and actively recruit and educate students in the city’s most educationally underserved communities. At KIPP DC, we strive to empower students and increase their access to opportunities. Highly effective teachers and leaders, more time in school, a rigorous college preparatory-curriculum, and a strong culture of high-expectations and support help our students make significant academic gains and continue to excel in high school, college, and whatever life path they choose. The Recruitment Team is the engine which supplies the talent and leaders for KIPP DC.
KIPP DC seeks a dynamic Recruitment Manager to join the KIPP DC recruitment team. The Recruitment Team’s vision is to find teachers and staff who are committed to working with students and who are fueled by our mission to create and sustain the highest quality school system for the most underserved communities in Washington, D.C. The Recruitment Manager will oversee the recruitment for KIPP DC’s teachers. The Recruitment Manager is responsible for working with the recruitment team and hiring managers to ensure that KIPP DC has an efficient and effective recruitment and selection process and developing innovative ideas for increasing the pipeline of diverse and quality candidates. The Recruitment Manager will report to the Director of Recruitment, and work closely with a team of diverse, committed, and motivated recruitment team members.
- Devising strategy and initiatives to attract and strengthen the pool of talent
- Monitoring the progress of prospective candidates through the recruitment process, including timely communications from school leaders and hiring managers
- Conducting initial resume reviews and telephone screens with perspective candidates
- Maintaining and managing detailed records of candidates through our Salesforce-based application system
- Acting as a point of contact for candidates throughout their interview process with KIPP DC
- Providing support to KIPP DC school leaders and hiring managers during in-person interview days, including managing candidate logistics, sharing interview notes, and videos with school leaders
- Facilitating interview debriefs and follow-up
- Providing regular recruitment updates to KIPP DC school leaders and hiring managers
- Assisting in developing short- and long-term recruitment calendars, strategies, and programs to attract and select a strong and diverse team to KIPP DC
- Assisting in developing relationships with key partner organizations (including Teach For America, graduate universities, and DC education stakeholders)
- Support the representation of KIPP DC at career fairs and other recruitment events, and assisting in organizing KIPP DC – sponsored events
- Build strong relationships with KIPP DC leaders to ensure alignment of the recruitment process with program needs and optimize its execution
Serve as a full-time and engaged member of KIPP DC's staff, including assisting with student recruitment and enrichment activities, and working with other staff members and teams to ensure fulfillment of KIPP DC's mission.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Previous recruitment experience preferred
- Minimum of two years teaching experience strongly preferred
- Unquestioned integrity and commitment to KIPP DC’s mission, and a passion for education and a desire to help KIPP DC grow
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic coupled with an enthusiastic and passionate approach to one's work
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment and an eagerness to build relationships
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills
- Excellent strategic planning and prioritization skills
- Articulate, professional demeanor with strong self-confidence, initiative, and leadership skills
- Flexibility, tenacity, high quality work, resourcefulness, teamwork, and a sense of humor
- Ability to travel approximately 10% and attend weekend (1-2 per month) events
KIPP DC schools do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
All interested applicants should visit online at http://www.kippdc.org/careers/apply-now/, and click “Recruitment Manager” job posting located under “Leadership and Support Staff Positions.” If you have any questions, please contact the Recruitment Team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.