Details: $55,000.00 - 65,000.00 Salary Exempt
550 Kearny St.
An Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to a Diverse Workforce
Reports to: Vice President Development, Individual Giving
Classification: Union Professional
Closing Date: Open until filled
The United Way Bay Area (UWBA) is leading a network of corporations, government agencies, nonprofits, and individuals to create lasting change for Bay Area residents and families. With a history that spans over 90 years and programs that tackle the issue of local poverty from every angle, UWBA is uniquely positioned to mobilize and motivate all sectors of the community toward the vision of ending the cycle of poverty.
As UWBA responds to cultural shifts in the workplace, fundraising, and digital communications, it is guided by core values of innovation and results-driven creativity. Through a variety of existing and emerging initiatives, UWBA seeks to both strengthen and reimagine its work at all levels in order provide more and better opportunities for struggling Bay Area residents.
For more information about UWBA, please visit http://uwba.org.
United Way Bay Area seeks a talented and motivated fundraiser to support our mission. The United Way Bay Area Affinity Groups are a critical part of our engagement of individual donors. With a focus on millennials and professional women, the successful candidate will act as the catalyst that enables individual donors opportunities to engage and help strengthen our community to help lift people out of poverty. Serving as a key member of the development department, the Individual Engagement Officer, Affinity Groups will collaborate with marketing and programs to grow our membership towards a new strategic plan including digital strategies, volunteerism and advocacy covering all 8 Bay Area counties.
The individual Engagement Officer, Affinity Groups works under the direction of Vice-President, Development, Individual Giving and in conjunction with volunteer donor network leadership for affinity groups: Emerging Leaders and Women United. The position is they key relationship and events manager who develops, implements and refines strategic plans and related goals for increased growth and retention of donor network members. Researches and implements strategies to identify, cultivate, enlist and steward individual donors. Develops additional sponsorships and in-kind resources to support events and activities designed to achieve goals for Women United and Emerging Leaders. Maintain accurate donor records, as well as creates revenue projection and forecasting documents and status and membership reports.
What you'll do:
- Annual Workplace Recruitment/Retention/Engagement of Individual Donors
- Develop and deliver results-driven strategic framework to attract and retain donors and volunteers and promote year-round communication and engagement of individuals – focusing on Women United ($1,000+) and Emerging Leaders ($250+) donors.
- Build cohesive relationships with Development Officers to execute best practisce and implement annual giving strategies.
- Work with Development Officers and employee campaign coordinators to promote participation and giving within the workplace through identified best practices.
- Strategize, plan and execute individual recruitment and engagement events focused on Women United and Emerging Leaders.
- Donor Relationship Manager
- Identify, qualify, cultivate and steward donors and prospective donors with the goal of soliciting and closing gifts from individuals in support of organizational priorities
- Build and manage a portfolio of prospects and donors.
- Develops, manages, implements and oversees all activity related to donor networks, including various related committee meetings.
- Supports donor network events.
- Actively engage donors and prospects through engagement opportunities/events and volunteer opportunities. Provide appropriate follow-up to move relationships forward.
- Participate in annual portfolio review process and establish measurable goals and objectives to meet organization goals in conjunction with Vice-President, Development, Individual Giving.
- Maintain solid understanding of United Way programs and initiatives.
- Account Management
- Develop and deliver results-driven strategic framework to increase annual giving revenue, attract and retain donors and volunteers and promote year-round communication and engagement.
- Maintains accurate records; tracks and reports revenue.
- Acknowledge donors using a variety of communications methods. Writes and prepares content for online communications (newsletters and other updates) for donor networks.
- Build cohesive relationship with Development Officers to share data and implement best practices with campaign volunteers to promote participation in our giving societies.
- Assist with other projects and needs as assigned.
Who you are:
- Minimum of three years of nonprofit fundraising experience or equivalent.
- Strategic thinking and analysis
- Proven volunteer management
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to inspire external and internal audiences
- Creative event development and management
- Results oriented
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
- Strong communications skills, including writing, presentation, public speaking and listening.
- Constant focus on working ahead, anticipation of issues and needs before they are needed. Planning for contingencies.
- Familiar with computer technology and Microsoft software applications including Outlook, Work, PowerPoint, and Excel. Understands, uses and maintains accurate records within donor database.
- Knowledge of SalesForce CRM helpful. Familiar with Email marketing solutions.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to attend evening and weekend events and activities as required
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
Salary: $55,000.00 - 65,000.00 Salary Exempt
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
UWBA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender (including actual or perceived gender, and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, religious affiliation, veteran status, national origin, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state, federal or local law. UWBA will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in the manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for a job, please let us know. If the reason you need an accommodation is not obvious, we may ask for documentation confirming your functional limitations.
Please include salary requirements in cover letter
To Apply: Login at www.uwba.org/careers and submit your resume along with cover letter
Minimum Education Required