Details: Depending on qualifications
Non-profit blacksmithing school and collective seeks a self-starter with excellent communication and organizing skills to help with most aspects of running and coordinating activities. This person will be the “voice” of the Forge, with the opportunity to interact and impact a broad community. This position will be mainly home-based with occasional work at the Forge School location. This is a full-time position.
- Respond to emails with timely and thoughtful responses to questions and inquiries
- Manage class reservations, email lists, email blasts, wait lists, class listings and calendar
- General administrative support, including answer phone-calls, handle mail, office and administrative management
- Schedule and coordinate classes, meetings, appointments
- Assist in drafting letters, proposals, presentations, and other communication
- Assist in event coordination, including in-person meetings
- Help manage and update the website and social media
- Basic bookkeeping
- Demonstrated strong writing and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Flexible and strong desire to learn
- Exceptional time management and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Positive attitude, customer service mindset
- Be comfortable navigating responsibilities with limited direction among multiple stakeholders
- Experience with managing email marketing tools and social media marketing is a plus.
Level of Language Proficiency
A second language is a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Cover letter, resume/CV, references.
Please use ADMIN POSITION in subject of email. Title each attachment with YOUR NAME/resume/cv, YOUR NAME/cover letter and YOUR NAME/references
Please do not call us or send additional emails unless we contact you for a discussion or an interview. If we do contact you, we will be happy to answer any questions you may have. The position will remain open until filled. The job announcement will be removed from website once the position is filled.
Adam's Forge is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or any other prohibited category. We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQ, and all qualified persons to apply for this position.