East Harlem Elementary School
DREAM Charter Schools - School Leaders
Originally founded in 1991 as Harlem RBI, DREAM has grown to annually serve more than 2,500 youth across East Harlem and the South Bronx through a network of six PreK-12, extended-day, extended-year DREAM Charter Schools and community sports-based youth development programs. Through our commitment to rigorous academics, social-emotional learning, deep family and community engagement, and health and wellness, we create lifelong learners who are equipped to fulfill their vision of success in and out of the classroom. We dream big, as well, with an aggressive five-year plan to expand to serve 3,500 students across seven schools—growing our organization's impact and leveling the playing field for all children. To learn more, visit wearedream.org.
Reporting to the Principal, the Elementary and Middle School Director of Operations
will serve as a building leader, supporting the Principal with all non-instructional school needs. They will be responsible for leading all aspects of school operations, including facilities, food and transportation services, student recruitment, school schedules, rosters, student information database, visitors, payroll, and benefits.
This is an exciting opportunity for a team player who enjoys thinking strategically and systematically to lead and continuously improve school operations in a fast-paced environment dedicated to driving excellent student outcomes. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage/liaise with food services, IT, facilities, maintenance, nursing & emergency procedures, and security;
- Manage COVID protocols and on-site compliance;
- Oversee student recruitment, enrollment and lottery processes;
- Manage the School Operations team to support in executing operational excellence;
- Liaise with network office staff to effectively oversee assessment, attendance, and school compliance;
- Build and support school systems and routines, including arrival, late pickup, lunch and recess, and processes supporting instruction;
- Support with planning and implementation of team-wide events, including but not limited to professional development sessions, team-building events, and org-wide occasions.
- Collaborate with Directors of School Operations across the organization to build org-wide school operations procedures and practices.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION At DREAM, diversity, equity, and inclusion are a matter of mission.
- Bachelor's degree required;
- Minimum three years of school operations experience, preferably with people-management responsibilities;
- Demonstrated project management experience;
- Demonstrated ability to operate with a do-what-it-takes, flexible attitude;
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences (including colleagues, students, and families);
- Ability to lead with a learning and solutions-oriented mindset, and demonstrated ability to persevere through challenges;
- A strong belief in the mission and values of DREAM, including the desire to make a difference in the lives of our students, families, and community.
From our schools to our playing fields, DREAM is committed to building a team where each individual can bring their full identity and experience to work because representation matters—it enriches our team culture, enhances our ability to innovate, and strengthens our impact in and out of the classroom. DREAM engages staff that represent and appreciate the diversity of our majority Black and Hispanic student body, while working to ensure that our practices are equitable, welcoming, and productive. We are dedicated to creating a world where youth, especially youth of color, have permission to dream—along with the tools and opportunities to make their dreams reality.
Come dream with us.DREAM MAXIMS
All Kids Can. This Kid Can.
DREAM is Family.
Fun is a Serious Value.
Teamwork Makes the DREAM Work.
Fail. Persist. Exceed.
<img src="https://www.click2apply.net/v/5DqzXJTGZlYqcgAVs4xGq" />