The Stimson Center, a global foreign policy think tank promoting international security, shared prosperity, and justice, seeks a full-time Grants and Contracts Manager to join a tight-knit and productive team. The Grants and Contracts Manager is responsible for maintaining Stimson’s project-related grants and contracts portfolio and reports directly to the Director of Finance. The ideal candidate is proactive, detail-oriented, organized, innovative, and a problem-solver who juggles multiple priorities with ease.
- Oversee the preparation and development of research program and project budgets;
- Ensure quality assurance of project budget management activities that include budget planning/forecasting, subaward management, reporting/invoicing, and analysis;
- Serve as the senior project budget manager by guiding the learning/sharing space of the other budget managers and addressing routine questions;
- Create and update grants and contracts management procedures to ensure that project budget portfolios are managed effectively;
- Serve as the lead administrator of the budget management software, Adaptive Insights;
- Ensure compliance with project funding agreements and related regulations by conducting an agreement review, working with the Accounting Manager to clarify internal accounting procedures, supporting the Senior Grants and Contracts Manager and the Director of Finance in clarifying gray areas with the funder and in facilitating compliance meetings with the research and finance teams, as needed;
- Cultivate and maintain strong collaborative and working relationships with program staff, funders, and sub awardees;
- Provide technical assistance to program staff on matters related to grants/contracts management;
- Coordinate the semi-annual program budget meetings;
- Maintain grant/contract financial records;
- Collaborate with the development team on the funding pipeline and proposal/reporting schedule, and on in improving processes related to the grants and contracts management portfolio; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in finance and/or accounting;
- Minimum five (5) years of grant and contract funding experience; experience with non-profits preferred;
- Familiarity with 2 CFR Part 200, FAR, and other grant and contract regulations;
- Knowledge of GAAP, particularly as it applies to accounting requirements of nonprofit organizations preferred;
- Meticulous organizational skills, attention to detail, and love for processes and systems;
- Customer service focus with strong interpersonal skills;
- A willingness to work in a fast-paced environment and an ability to respond to requests promptly;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated willingness to solicit and impart feedback to improve processes;
- An innovative spirit, a way with people, a calm-under-pressure and flexible approach when things move quickly;
- Confidentiality and discretion, professionalism, and commitment to excellence; and
- Intermediate Excel skills; and
- Familiarity with QuickBooks and Adaptive or similar accounting/budget management systems preferred.
Submit cover letter and resume.
Stimson is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates, supports, and promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable laws.