*PLEASE NOTE ONLY LOCAL APPLICANTS (LOS ANGELES, CA) WILL BE CONSIDERED.
**DATABASE MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED.
- Provide excellent data services to our Chapter, across departments and data platforms, including but is not limited to Raiser’s Edge and Luminate. Services include: defining and implementing data structures; data retrieval and reporting; define, implement and document policies and procedures; provide training at all organizational levels; establish security hierarchies; design database maintenance plan and schedules; assist in refining and streamlining data practices.
- Work across departments to refine current data processes and assist in implementation of new data processes. Increase cross functionality between departments in regards to data, reporting, record management, etc.
- Manage data services team to meet monthly gift entry goals. Work closely with Finance to provide accurate data on schedule. Provide process and manuals for Data Entry standards.
- Import donor information from National distributions utilizing ImportOmatic tool.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage gift entry (cash and in-kind), reconciliation and acknowledgments to ensure data integrity and timely constituent/gift processes.
- Track all donor activity and giving history for all donors
- Work directly with Development team on all aspects of direct-mail and email solicitation schedule, online and web-based donations, corporate matching and cultivation mailings.
- Provide reporting, data lists, queries, data mining across departments and platforms (RE, Luminate, etc.).
- Employ the use of third party data management and reporting tools (e.g. AES, PayPal, National Office service/resources) to appropriately transition to internal database systems
- Participate in planning and support related to major giving, annual giving, internal/external events and volunteer services to identify information needs.
- Participation in the annual internal and external audits, supporting with reports and information as needed
- Collaborate with stakeholders to create data structures and procedures to meet end goals.
- Maintain an active relationship with the software system vendor. Keep informed about product issues and developments.
- Provide full support to the Development team related to data and donor service including donor research.
- Recommend changes to the data bases as dictated by changing organizational needs with proper controls implemented.
- Maintain expertise in current trends and best practices as they relate to the organization and make recommendations for implementation of changes to management.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional analytical skills, organizational skills, written skills, and attention to detail
- Proficient in manipulating, analyzing, and interpreting data
- Highly motivated “self-starter” capable of managing competing priorities and ability to work under tight deadlines
- Ability to anticipate needs and show initiative in managing and promoting new projects
- Ability to balance and understand both back-end organization of data and front-end accessibility for users
- Flexibility and ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to verbally and in writing
- Foster an environment of creativity and professional growth, to design job-related, interactive exercises and use existing technology to achieve desired results
- Strong planning and problem solving skills.
- 5 years of experience managing database systems and support for development programs
- Proficient in Raiser’s Edge in a data management capacity
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications with emphasis on Excel formulas, functions and/or macros relevant to production of deliverables.
- Understanding of fundraising support services ranging from prospect identification through donor stewardship
- Systems experience to work with and direct staff in data management, report writing, and systems management
- Strong organizational, managerial, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong customer service abilities
- Ability to develop procedures for electronic systems use and train technical and non-technical users
- Ability and commitment to provide significant levels of support to users and advancement programs
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
Full Benefits Package
Minimum Education Required