Details: Crittenton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Salary will be negotiated, based upon experience and qualifications.
815 Silver Spring Ave
The Program Assistant is an administration position that reports to the Crittenton Director of Programs, works closely with the Senior Program Manager, and serves on the Evaluation Team. S/he will be responsible for maintaining the registration database, maintaining program-related files, supporting program evaluation, managing program-related logistics, and managing various program-related “drives” to gather material assistance for program participants. The position requires a commitment to Crittenton’s core values, a sense of humor, and the ability to create a caring and safe environment for program participants while maintaining professional boundaries, to multi-task in a fast paced environment, to take initiative, and to be both flexible and persistent.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
School Year Start-up
- Creates and/or customizes rosters and weekly implementation reporting form; disseminates to each program leaders.
- Creates a filing system and files for each program group.
- Gathers, scans, and files agreements with program schools.
- Gathers, scans, and files registration forms for all program participants.
- Enters data into the registration form database.
- Sets up chromebooks for any new program team members.
- Gathers, scans, and files weekly sign-in sheets, field trip requests from program leaders, permission slips, and sign-in sheets for any out-of-school- time activities.
- Files all program-related correspondence.
- Coordinates transportation for out-of-school-time enrichment activities, including the annual Leadership Academy and High Tea.
- Maintains an inventory of and orders supplies needed for weekly sessions, pretest and posttest administration, the Leadership Academy, and various “drives.”
- Maintains the program team calendar in outlook and sends timely reminders to program team members.
Program Evaluation and Reporting
- Maintains the registration database and generates reports throughout the year.
- Maintains the evaluation calendar and sends timely reminders to program team members.
- Sets up and delivers chromebooks for pretests, posttests, and knowledge quizzes, as needed; assists with administering pretests, posttests, and knowledge quizzes, as needed.
- Downloads data monthly for use by the senior program manager for monitoring and drafting reports.
- Assists in preparing all data for transfer to the independent evaluator.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Qualification and Core Competencies:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent experience
- Must be computer savvy and proficient in using Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Google Docs apps
- Administrative support or other office experience required
- Must be extremely well-organized, have strong time management skills, and able to demonstrate top-notch attention to detail
- Must have reliable personal transportation
- Demonstrated ability to speak and write cogently
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience working for a small nonprofit
- Experience providing administrative support to a team
- Experience managing logistics and procurement
- An deep interest in the healthy development of teen calls
- Commitment to Crittenton organizational values related to cultural competence and responsiveness in program delivery, community relations, and staff development
Hours of Operation:
Crittenton’s hours of operation are from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday. The Program Assistant will work onsite during our hours of operation at our Silver Spring headquarters with infrequent travel to schools and other program sites. S/he will occasionally work Saturdays or other non-office hours to assist with out-of-school activities. This position is non-exempt from the Fair Labor Standards Act, meaning that Crittenton must pay overtime for work beyond 40 hours per week.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send an email to email@example.com with the following attachments:
-A cover letter that provides actual examples of how your past experiences demonstrate that you have the competencies that are required for the position, and
-A brief, work-related writing sample
No phone calls, please.