Details: Salary range is commensurate with experience.
142 Berkeley Street
Family Reach is seeking an experienced and outgoing Senior Manager of Hospital Relations to join our growing team in Boston. Reporting to the Director of Healthcare Partnerships and collaborating closely with the Programs team and Operations, he/she will play a vital role in maximizing the potential for Family Reach Programs to benefit people with cancer.
The successful candidate will have experience in account management, relational development and an understanding of healthcare services workflow in hospital environments. The primary responsibility of this position is to steward effective working relationships with hospital-based patient support teams (social workers, resource specialists, resource navigators) and drive hospital adoption and retention of the financial programs offered by Family Reach, which include education, navigation, financial planning, and financial assistance.
Stewarding and Managing Effective Relationships with Hospitals
- Act as the key external representative of Family Reach at Hospitals and Cancer Centers across the U.S.
- Foster and manage effective relationships with key hospital decision makers (e.g. executives, supervisors) through professional meetings and presentations (e.g. staff meetings, in-service sessions, lunch-and-learn sessions) to influence adoption and use of Family Reach Programs
- Manage the integration of Family Reach Programs within hospital systems. Support training for hospital staff and facilitate long-term functional relationships between hospital based social workers/navigators and Family Reach Programs staff
- Develop and implement tools and approaches to maximize adoption, retention and patient experience of Family Reach programs by hospitals
- Assess hospital needs directly through hospital records, structured surveys, interviews, and conversations, or indirectly through data collected by Programs staff or hospital healthcare professionals when using Family Reach Programs
Monitoring and Managing Performance Indicators
- Assist the Director of Programs to develop key performance indicators of hospital use of Family Reach Programs and assume primary responsibility for monitoring indicators and communicating hospital feedback, and escalating concerns to Family Reach Development, Partnerships and Programs Team.
- Drive and track key projects to improve use of Family Reach programs at hospitals
- Oversee and regularly monitor the budget and restricted funds for the Financial Assistance Program
- Collaborate with Programs, Development, Partnership staff and the Director of Operations to manage systems to regularly monitor the financial assistance budget throughout the year
- In partnership with key Development/Partnership staff, work with Programs team to adjust spending across Family Reach hospital network to align with our budget allocations & donor/partner giving guidelines
- Regularly communicate with all hospital partners to inform them of their actual spending compared to the annual budget. Provide strategic solutions, re-training and increased monitoring, as needed, to ensure maximum impact to patients/families as well as successful fulfilment of donor/partner giving guidelines
- Closely monitor restricted funding for the financial assistance program. Provide strategic solutions, re-training and increased monitoring of identified hospital based staff, as needed, to ensure maximum impact to patients/families as well as successful fulfilment of donor/partner giving guidelines (Not sure if I need to specifically list this for restricted funds)
Partner with Key Family Reach Development/Partnership Staff to Ensure Effective Stewardship of Donors, Foundation and Corporate Partners
- Working closely with key Development/Partnerships staff, support all efforts to attract, retain and grow funders (Major Donors, Foundation, Corporate Partners & Affiliates) for Family Reach programs. These efforts include participation in donor meetings, formal presentations, hospital tours, etc.
- Provide input on hospital needs to Family Reach Development, Corporate Partnerships and Programs teams, and help identify trends in patient/family needs, utilization of Family Reach programs and FR capacity to Family Reach Development and Corporate Partnerships Teams.
- Collaborate with Development Manager and Programs team to support comprehensive impact reporting to donors
- Undergraduate Degree in related field
- 5-7 years of relevant professional experience
- Experience with creating and monitoring budgets
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Experience presenting to small and large groups
- Experience managing projects
- Experience with donor relationship management
- Ability to work with a high-degree of collaboration and independence
- Strong technical, analytical, project management and communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and prioritize while working under multiple deadlines
- Ability to travel 20-50% of the time
- Understanding of health care service workflow in hospital environments
- Experience with Salesforce
Family Reach is a national nonprofit dedicated to alleviating the financial burden of cancer. Working with more than 300 hospitals and cancer centers nationwide, the organization provides immediate financial assistance, education and navigation to families before they hit critical breaking points. Family Reach’s efficient, solutions-driven model bridges the gap between hospital and home, quickly providing the vital support families need to stay afloat. For more information visit www.familyreach.org.
Family Reach is an equal opportunity employer.
Family Reach offers a comprehensive benefits package with medical, disability, retirement and generous vacation and holidays.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send a thoughtful cover letter and resume to email@example.com