Full Time Temporary
1005 Terra Nova Boulevard
School-to-School International (STS) is a nonprofit organization based in Pacifica, California
committed to improving the lives and learning of girls and boys worldwide through thoughtful
research, practice, and partnerships. For over a decade, we have partnered with individuals,
government ministries, nongovernmental organizations, private foundations, and research
institutions to improve the quality of children’s learning through educational research and
integrated support solutions for children in primary school. We have worked in over 30
countries across the globe providing assistance in research and evaluation, curriculum and
training, and policy and planning.
Role: STS seeks Ethiopia EGRA/EGMA Trainers to provide consultancy support for a baseline
study of a DFID-funded girls’ education program in Ethiopia, which aims to transform access to
secondary education in Ethiopia’s Wolaita Zone and establish locally-owned systems to
improve the quality of schooling over the next eight years. The Ethiopia EGRA/EGMA Trainers
will collaborate with STS, and Link Community Development (LCD) staff to co-facilitate an
Enumerator EGRA/EGMA Refresher Training in Sodo, SNPPR, Ethiopia, as well as provide
supervision, technical oversight, and quality assurance support for up to 5 days of data
collection in the Wolaita zone.
• Lead training sessions for enumerators and others in data collection practices using EGRA and EGMA on tablets as well as SeGRA and SeGMA (on paper)
• Responsible for implementing the planned training modules as designed by STS
• Ensure that all enumerators develop needed skills to conduct assessments
• Provide guidance and supervision during data collection activities
• Responsible for data quality during assessments
• Review collected data for accuracy and provide feedback to enumerators
• Ensure good working relations with Zone and Woreda level education officials
• Coordinate with STS and Link staff, managing technical and logistical aspects of activities
• Troubleshoot all field problems
• Provide regular updates in writing and via phone
• Previous experience implementing EGRA and EGMA enumerator trainings in the Wolaita Zone of SNPPR, Ethiopia is required.
• Previous experience as an EGRA/EGMA trainer for DfID-funded Girls’ Education Challenge (GEC) projects preferred.
• Proven experience leading and managing data collection teams in the Wolaita Zone, SNPPR, Ethiopia
• Experience conducting trainings on EGRA and EGMA on tablets via Tangerine, a plus.
• Classroom experience, a plus.
• Experience with teacher training, a plus.
• Amharic proficiency in reading, writing and speaking required.
• Fluency in reading, writing and speaking English is preferred.
• Proficiency in speaking Wolayttatto, a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a resume/CV and cover letter describing your interest and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Ethiopia EGRA/EGMA Trainer.”
Application deadline is March 9, 2018 and will be reviewed on a rolling basis.