27864 Irma Lee Circle, 101
Be a part of something great! The Great Lakes Adaptive Sports Association (GLASA), a progressive non-profit organization, is looking to add a talented Part-Time Accountant to the team that will make a daily impact on the organization’s finances.
GLASA, a $1 million Not-For-Profit organization, impacts the lives of over 600 athletes in the Midwest. We strive to ‘Let No One Sit on the Sidelines’ and operate under a mission to promote and support the optimal development and well-being of youth, adults and military veterans who have a physical or visual disability through the provision of inclusive recreation, fitness and competitive sports activities.
The Accountant will report to the Executive Director and work directly with the management team and GLASA Board. This individual will be responsible for all financial aspects of GLASA including accounting, payroll, financial planning and reporting, and treasury. The ideal candidate should have a Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience including knowledge of Microsoft Office and Quickbooks. Non-profit experience is a plus.
This is an hourly, part-time position, with approximately 30 hours per week expected. Work can be split between the office location in Lake Forest, IL and remote office/home. Depending on the time of year, some weeks require upward of 40 hours with possibility of reduced work weeks for an overall 30 hour a week. No health or pension benefits are provided. The specific responsibilities include:
• Process and post Accounts Payable
• Manage Accounts receivable
• Close the monthly ledger, including final postings, trial balance and closing
• Coordinate annual audit with external auditors
• Process semi-monthly payroll, including compensation and deduction management
• Generate 1099’s, W2’s
• Support various HR processes as required, jointly with the Executive Director
Financial Planning and Reporting
• Prepare monthly financial report for review with the GLASA management team
• Prepare and present monthly financials to the GLASA Board of Directors (6x per year)
• Manage the annual budget process
• Assist in preparing fundraising applications and prepare regular reports to donors as required
• Perform analysis of results or projections as required to GLASA management and Board to support strategic plan development and decision making
• Perform bank reconciliations on a monthly basis
• Manage reserve funds.
• Manage credit card access, expenses, reconciliation and controls
• Manage insurance needs of GLASA
Benefits include flex time and telecommuting. Employee paid health insurance is available.
Level of Language Proficiency
Proficient English is required.
Minimum Education Required