Details: Competitive salary and benefits
51 Sleeper Street
About United Way:
We unite to create positive, lasting change for people in need. We call it harnessing the power of people working together. And that means everyone – individuals, nonprofits, companies, and government agencies.
We work every day to achieve our vision and mission by focusing on two foundations of better lives: Financial Opportunity and Educational Success. Specifically:
Financial Opportunity: Ensuring that all families have safe housing, healthy food, and quality childcare. That they have jobs that allow them to support themselves and their families. And that they have access to financial tools and coaching to help build a better future.
Educational Success: Preparing children to enter school ready to learn, develop critical social and academic skills, and get the support they need to stay in school and graduate.
You are the key to making this shared vision a reality. Your gifts become critical funding for ground-breaking initiatives and best-in-class partnerships with nonprofit agencies throughout our region, your time and talents fuel the engine for change; your friends, family, and colleagues are the army of difference-makers who positively impact lives.
That’s what it means to LIVE UNITED.
Please join us.
The Campaign Services Manager is responsible for the management of the United Way United for Good and Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud (UFG/SPC) products and the delivery of outstanding customer service to the companies and employees of the companies that United Way of Massachusetts Bay services. The UFG/SPC program currently provides assistance to 85 Greater Boston based companies in managing their workplace giving campaigns. These companies run both electronic and paper-based United Way campaigns for which four Campaign Services Managers serve as the senior logistical and operational contacts. The Campaign Services Manager provides direction and support to staff, ongoing analysis of trends, and planning of year-round procedures, training, and workflow. Responsibilities require the incumbent to gain in-depth knowledge of the systems used so as to understand how to creatively use features to meet customer needs, and to ensure the integrity of data in the donor databases and organization tables.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
1. What: Function as the campaign servicing relationship manager for United Way United for Good and Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud companies.
How: Serve as senior logistical and operational contact for UW UWF/SPC customers. Ensure that these companies have a high-quality experience and that Service Level Agreements are delivered. Work with Fundraising to determine appropriate pricing structure for each client, prior to campaign kickoff. Build knowledge and expertise on the UFG/SPC system, Andar 360, and other Software programs. During a campaign, anticipate and respond to ongoing customer needs and ad hoc requests. Work with Director, Funds Processing and with Resource Development team to resolve issues. Visit companies with the Resource Development account manager to discuss any specific needs or changes from previous years. Custom tailor products to ensure these needs are met. Provide the client with training on UEF/SPC so that they may independently access reporting, “proxy enter”, and respond to their donor's needs and requests. Provide the client with instructions and a timeline for their responsibilities (files, content, etc). Work with client to set up testing to ensure all customer needs are fully functional.
2. What: Determine and deliver the set-up (content, campaign parameters and file transfer) of the UFG/SPC products. Launch a campaign using UFG/SPC.
How: Work with Marketing, Fundraising, United Way United for Good companies and outside vendors to assemble the UFG/SPC product in the database. Utilize technical skills (specifically Excel) to manipulate and produce accurate files for upload. Gain in-depth knowledge of the systems to understand how to creatively use features to meet customer needs. Work with Fundraising and other members of the Campaign Services team to determine the appropriate fund designations for each specific client. Ensure that the appropriate designation catalog is attached to each campaign. Work closely with Fundraising to ensure that their task of finalizing content and language with the client goes smoothly. Once content is finalized, update the system using HTML. Work with client to test system content and ensure satisfaction prior to system launch. Provide client with administrative and canvasser links to the system. Having confirmed the launch date and tested all content and functionality, launch welcome emails through UFG/SPC system. Launch reminder and broadcast emails through the system as requested by the client.
3. What: Manage the service delivery of mail house and courier services. Work closely with Fundraising and the client to determine specific requirements for pledge cards. Ensure that all pledge card packets include all required inserts, are printed accurately and are delivered before the deadline. Work with Marketing to create blank PDF’s of customized pledge cards to provide to the client.
How: Work with Technology, Purchasing, Office Services, the courier and the mail house (outside vendors) to monitor the availability of materials and to schedule the imprinting of personalized information on pledge cards and to ensure timely delivery of materials to United Way UFG/SPC companies. Create client-specific instructions for the Mail house to accompany each job. Coordinate couriers to deliver printed pledge cards to companies and pick-up and delivery of completed pledge donations between companies and the United Way. Work with Mail house to create accurate timelines for printing, keeping them apprised of all changes. Keep client informed of any timeline changes.
4. What: Produce the Return Payroll File for clients.
How: Using the previous year’s file format as a starting point, confirm with the client that the format requirements are accurate. Work with other members of the Campaign Servicing team to produce the file. Ensure that file is complete and sent to the client before their Payroll Department’s cut off date.
5. What: Monitor campaign results, duplicate accounts and adherence to database conventions. Utilize the tracking and exception reporting and develop ad hoc reports.
How: Generate ad hoc, custom campaign and/or donor reports based on requests that come from the Fund Raising staff and United Way United for Good customers.
6. What: Recommend, document and update operating policies and procedures aimed at improving the delivery of the UFG/SPC product. Organize and maintain historical customer records and source documentation.
How: Work with Senior Director to develop checklists, user manuals, service level agreements, customer profiles, and workflow documentation outlining the business policies, specific tasks and responsibilities for delivering United Way UFG/SPC. Ensure distribution of policies and procedures to staff. Maintain the central repository of the updated United Way UFG/SPC customer documentation.
7. What: Monitor integrity and accuracy of customer information in our database. Ensure that all systems of record financially balance. Troubleshoot, correct, and update individual records, organizational lists and designation codes.
How: Monitor updated donor records to ensure accuracy. Maintain backup documentation and supporting files. Serve as day-to-day contact for the company and donor-specific inquiries for processed pledges.
8. What: Train new staff and temporary staff on business rules and the use of the systems used in managing United Way UFG/SPC campaigns.
How: Conduct one-on-one training sessions on those systems integrating current business practices.
9. What: Test enhancements and modifications to existing systems to ensure accuracy
How: Develop and execute test plans (including regression tests) for testing of system changes.
10. What: Perform special duties or complete special projects as requested by the Senior Director, or VP of Operations. Manage small projects on an as-needed basis including the development of project plans, facilitation of project team meetings and efficient follow up to ensure rapid implementation of tasks.
How: For special projects utilize existing knowledge and departmental support to accomplish assigned tasks.
- BS/BA in Business or related field required. In lieu of degree, 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Minimum of two years of experience in working with account management, or sales. Strongest consideration is given to candidate with fundraising experience and Salesforce experience.
- Proven strong skills (intermediate to advanced level) in Microsoft Excel plus knowledge of MSWord.
- Previous experience with a specialized database system preferred.
- Knowledge of basic HTML language.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proven ability to manage small projects through implementation with little guidance and support.
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer service skills and experience in a fast-paced customer service environment.
- Proven ability to negotiate and manage conflicting priorities.
- Commitment to excellence and the United Way Mission.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS SHOULD FORWARD A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley,
Human Resources Coordinator,
51 Sleeper Street, Boston, MA 02210. Fax: 617- 624-9114
For information on additional opportunities, please access our Web Site at www.unitedwaymassbay.org
United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley is committed to hiring individuals who reflect the diversity of the communities it serves.