256 Washington Street
The Guidance Center of Westchester Personalized Recovery-Oriented Services (PROS) program seeks a licensed individual for the position of senior recovery counselor at our main Mount Vernon NY location, walking distance to Metro North.
PROS offers adults with serious mental illness a broad range of integrated services designed to help them achieve goals for work, education, relationships, socialization, living, and health and wellness. The senior recovery counselor performs general PROS clinical functions, and carries a caseload of individuals with co-occurring mental illness and substance use disorders, many with histories of trauma, homelessness, and frequent hospitalizations. Our PROS clinical team consists of recovery counselors/social workers, mental health counselors, creative arts music therapist, psychiatrist, nurse practitioner, registered nurse, employment specialist, peer specialists.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Provide recovery-based service coordination for caseload of 18-20 (on average) participants with co-occurring mental illness and substance use diagnoses.
· Develop individualized recovery plans and complete session notes and monthly progress reports within required time frames using electronic reporting system.
- Schedule and hold weekly meetings with each caseload participant to assess progress, plan, schedule, and/or provide clinical service interventions.
- Provide crisis intervention services.
- Conduct required psychosocial, substance use screenings, psychiatric rehabilitation, and other assessments within required time frames.
- Conduct clinical counseling and therapy groups.
- Develop lesson plans for, and facilitate/teach PROS classes in wellness self-management, relapse prevention, and other clinical areas.
- Monitor attendance of caseload participants to notice unexplained absences and to reach out/ intervene in a timely manner
- Attend and participate actively in weekly staff meetings and other agency or program meetings as required.
- Participate in case presentations and conferences with other staff, family members of participants, other service providers, etc.
- Participate in in-service trainings, workshops, webinars, and conferences as requested by supervisor
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team to promote and sustain best practices
- May clinically supervise student interns if permitted by licensure
- May participate in training non-professional clinical staff
· Any other duties as assigned.
· LCSW, LMSW, LMHC, or Masters degree with CASAC .
· Minimum 2 years clinical experience in recovery oriented mental health.
· Trained in crisis prevention and intervention and in trauma informed care.
· Knowledge of electronic health reporting
· Excellent computer, writing and oral presentation skills essential.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits available include generous paid time off, health, dental and vision insurance, 403b, free parking.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required