Reporting to the Director of Philanthropy, the Philanthropy Manager is a key position on the philanthropy team and works collaboratively with staff members, donors, and organizational partners. The Philanthropy Manager will contribute to operational organization and increased funding for the growth and expansion of philanthropy for the Gardens of Golden Gate Park.
Primary responsibilities of the role will be to:
· Provide administrative support to the Director of Philanthropy
· Manage, implement, and increase corporate and foundation funding
o conduct gift and sponsorship outreach and solicitations
o manage grant administration
o write fundraising proposals and campaigns
· Establish effective and compelling communications
· Contribute ongoing organization, skills, and processes that increase the philanthropy’s office
effectiveness and its ability to achieve revenue goals
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT (25%)
· Support the Director of Philanthropy in major and legacy giving fundraising activities and to establish greater organization by managing donor information and communications.
· Assist with and prepare for prospect identification, outreach, cultivation, proposals, solicitations, meetings, and stewardship activities.
· Organize meetings, schedules, and minutes and communications for internal and external audiences.
· Assist with general donor and volunteer communications.
· Prioritize emails, work tasks, and ensure timely responses and follow-up.
CORPORATE / FOUNDATION GIVING (45%)
· The Philanthropy Manager will be responsible for meeting and growing the foundation / corporate annual revenue goals working with a wide range of institutional funders and growing a portfolio of prospects and resulting funding.
· Create, implement, and manage a fundraising strategy for corporation and foundation giving.
o Identify, cultivate, and solicit corporate and foundation gifts and sponsorships
o Grow corporate and foundation funding through existing and new relationships, working internally and externally to expand partnerships
o Secure funding from programs such as corporate foundation giving, employer gift-matching, and Employee Resource Group giving
o Write proposals and corporate contracts
o Establish effective and productive relationships with corporate and foundation staff
o Develop and maintain systems of prospect management and donor relations
· Grant administration which includes
o Working closely with the Grants Consultant to oversee and coordinate management of organizational grants
o Compiling documents for grant proposals and reports
o Coordinating with program and finance staff on content, reports, and deadlines
o Monitoring, tracking, and updating PatronManager database
· Managing work according to individual institutional giving requirements
· Ensuring accurate record keeping for all grant portal usernames and passwords
· Proofing and submitting final proposals and reports
· Working with team members to develop and implement communications and campaigns to grow revenue
· As needed, initiate, or edit communications’ planning, strategy, and messaging to meet annual,
major, legacy, and institutional revenue goals.
· Work to increase effective and productive communications and appeals.
· Partner with marketing and communications and philanthropy team members to implement a strategic communications plan to promote annual and legacy giving, organizational impact, large campaign communications, and fundraising activities in public-facing communications and programs.
· Develop a deep understanding of the donor base and partner with the philanthropy team members to identify opportunities and strategies to cultivate donors to larger giving.
· Write correspondence and other communications for internal and external audiences.
· Assess and evaluate previous and current campaigns and trends to inform fund development strategy, and develop a year-over-year comparative history.
· Assist philanthropy team with events, including but not limited to:
o Providing day-of, pre- and post-event guest experience support as determined in collaboration with the philanthropy team as needed
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in one or more of the following: fundraising, sales, relationship management, customer service, concierge or sponsorship sales and services
· Experience conducting strategic partnership outreach, cultivating new and ongoing relationships, making solicitations, and writing proposals
· Ability to work with a wide variety of prospects and stakeholders, including large corporations and high- level professionals and funders
· Experience with institutional partnerships highly desirable
· Strong professional judgment and work ethic
· Events and marketing communications experience preferred
· Excellent organizational and written and verbal communication skills
· College degree or equivalent experience
• The Garden is open 365 days a year and the Philanthropy Manager must be able to work occasional nights and weekends as required for donor meetings, events and deadlines
• Must be able to engage in a range of physical activity, including standing or sitting at a desk or computer and walking (sometimes on uneven surfaces) for extended periods of time. Must be able to climb a flight of stairs and lift/carry up to 25 pounds
Reporting to the Director of Philanthropy, the Philanthropy Manager is a key position on the philanthropy team and works collaboratively with staff members, donors, and organizational partners. The Philanthropy…