Summary: Provides information, counseling, advocacy and case management services to clients in the assigned geographic area and assists them in obtaining food, housing heat and utility assistance as needed. Provide support services to ensure the smooth operation of the site.
Qualifications: Desired candidate will have strong interpersonal skills, the ability to handle confidential information with discretion and sensitivity, and be able to use email and MS Word comfortably. A Degree in Social work or related field (or equivalent experience) is preferred. Experience in a social service organization is extremely helpful, as is the ability to speak Spanish or Korean.
- Following established policies and guidelines, assists clients via phone and in person with their food, utility, and rental needs including: taking intake information and making appointments; interviewing clients and processing applications for assistance; verifying information and determining eligibility and working cooperatively with other social service agencies to secure services for clients.
- Maintains client records and files and organizes client information as needed and assists with various program reports.
- Works cooperatively with other CFA staff to ensure that the quality of CFA’s services are maintained, that clients are treated fairly, and that appropriate services are rendered.
- Cultivates and maintains relationships with other social service agencies, donors and volunteers.
- Assists with special events such as Thanksgiving and holiday distributions, food drives, etc.
- Represents the agency as required at meetings, community events and through a network of social service providers.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For consideration, please send resume, including salary history and requirements, to email@example.com. Resumes will be held in strictest confidence. No phone calls to office please.