CLIENT SUPPORT SPECIALIST / PEER FACILITATOR - TPLW @TFC
- Job posted by The Family Center of New York City
The Family Center is a not-for-profit organization providing social and legal services to families affected by life threatening parental illness, absence and loss. The Family Center has been the pioneer in the design and research of health care coordination and education, permanency planning and advocacy services that address the myriad of issues that challenge families. Please visit our website at www.thefamilycenter.org to learn more about our services.
The Client Support Specialist is the primary facilitative point of contact for participants and potential participants in The Positive Life Workshop (TPLW), a 20-hour, evidence-based self-management workshop for people living with HIV. The Client Support Specialist reports to the TPLW Program Director.
- Conduct in-person and phone intakes with potential participants.
- Encourage attendance and completion of workshop series and follow-up survey through reminder calls, texts and emails.
- Assess and address unmet needs of participants including connection to medical care, mental health care and other essential services, making and following up on internal and external referrals.
- Provide individual psycho-education related to HIV diagnosis, treatment and available services and supports.
- Enter participant data into eSHARE and document services in agency database.
- During workshop sessions, serve as host and peer facilitator, welcoming participants and leading small group discussion.
- Assist with logistics, planning, set-up and clean-up for sessions
- Participate in individual and group supervision, debriefing sessions and team meetings.
- Special projects as requested.
- Living with HIV with willingness to self-disclose status in peer facilitation role
- Demonstrated knowledge of HIV disease, treatment and self-management barriers and supports.
- High school diploma or equivalent considered with three years’ experience in social service delivery setting, Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Demonstrated group facilitation or public speaking ability.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative team setting
- LGBTQ and those with Spanish language proficiency strongly encouraged to apply
· Health and Dental Benefits
· 403(B) Retirement Plan
· Four Weeks’ Annual Leave
· Tuition Reimbursement Program
· Long Term Disability Plan
· Flexible Spending Account
· TransitChek Program
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a resume, cover letter and one writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put the words "Client Support Specialist / Peer Facilitator” in the subject line of the e-mail.
The Family Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Family Center is covered under FMLA.