Part Time Contract
Details: Salary commensurate upon experience
6105 Monarch Road
At Philanthropiece, we value building relationships, creating community, and catalyzing positive social change. Through our work, we strive to create a world that is more just and equal, where all people can realize and live out their full potential. We are engaged here in our local community of Boulder County, Colorado, as well as in communities throughout México and Guatemala. We focus on preparing, educating, and empowering changemakers. Our work starts with our own team, recognizing that change must start within ourselves.
We are searching for a passionate, forward-thinking, conscious, committed individual to join us as our Operations Manager. The role includes contributing to our overall organizational strategy, while supporting our team to run smoothly and efficiently. This is a hands-on role, requiring someone who is ready and willing to listen, learn, and collaborate. We believe that a wide array of perspectives resulting from diversity and inclusion allows all organizations to be more effective, and we are dedicated to promoting diversity and inclusion within our organization, our programming, and our approach. We know that “piecing together a better world” means being committed to a society that promotes social justice and freedom from oppression. We provide equal opportunity to all people, and look forward to welcoming a new team member as our Operations Manager that shares these values.
- Champion our mission of building relationships, empowering changemakers, and co-creating resilient communities.
- Ensure that our Colorado office, the Philanthropiece Barn, is operating productively and efficiently.
- Manage day-to-day bookkeeping activities and monthly reconciliations of the foundation.
- Administration of staff payroll and benefits, as determined by organizational guidelines.
- Support executive leadership team with logistics and communications.
- Coordinate with team members to support with program design and development.
- Engage with our community network to grow and deepen our local initiatives.
Expectations/Willing to learn
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; fluency in Spanish ideal, but not required.
- Proficiency with budgeting and bookkeeping.
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Google Apps for small business, Quickbooks, wordpress, and basic IT skills.
- Degree and/or experience in business, nonprofit management, or related field.
Clear and concise interpersonal skills; impeccable organizational and efficiency skills; strong attention to detail; ability to problem solve and anticipate issues; positive attitude and energy; commitment to collaboration.
Prioritization of well-being, with paid vacation and wellness days.
Part-time role, with some flexibility in determining hours.
Emphasis on personal and professional growth, with consideration of moving into a full-time role.
Level of Language Proficiency
Excellent verbal and written communication skills; fluency in Spanish ideal, but not required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send cover letter and resume to Katie Doyle Myers, Philanthropiece Director of Programs/Executive Director, at email@example.com. Applications will be processed on a rolling basis; anticipated start date is between May 1-31, 2018.