2318 Mill Road
Do you want to use your writing and editing skills to help conquer cancer and make a difference in the world?
Cancer strikes more than 10 million people worldwide each year. As the leading medical society representing doctors who care for people with cancer, the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) is committed to conquering cancer though research, education, and promotion of the highest quality patient care.
Who we are:
ASCO is a stable, forward-thinking, growing membership organization that operates in a results-focused work environment in which employees’ evaluation emphasizes performance outcomes over presence or time. This is an Alexandria, Virginia-based position that offers an excellent benefits package, subsidized parking or Metro benefits, and opportunities to participate in professional development programs. To learn more about ASCO, visit www.asco.org/jobs.
Who we are looking for:
The American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Program Administrator to join our Education, Science and Professional Development department. The Program Administrator will assist the Associate Director and digital education team in the development of educational products that support independent learning and continuous professional development of ASCO’s members.
What you will do:
- Administer the planning and production of all ASCO University self-assessment activities, and approximately three to four eLearning course updates per year
- Correspond with the self-evaluation work group, question writers, and reviewers during the planning, development, and publication phases of ASCO University self-assessment activities to produce effective multiple-choice questions
- Coordinate implementation of a new question bank platform including development of question author and reviewer system training and guidelines for effective question creation
- Coordinate implementation of a new assessment delivery system including support with design, content development and upload, and analytics
- Provide support to product faculty and authors, editorial and planning group members, and volunteer committee and advisory groups, and establish procedures to improve customer service for stakeholders
- Improve self-evaluation program workflows and align team tasks across departments
- Utilize course authoring tools, including Articulate Storyline, to produce engaging courses for target audiences
- Collaborate with functional teams to edit and upload audio Articulate Storyline course files, and support and contribute to podcast offerings
- Oversee the Quality Improvement MOC process and develop sustainable workflow improvements
- Ensure that all accreditation requirements are met for Self-Assessment and Quality Improvement activities
What you will need in order to be successful:
- Minimum 2-4 years' experience in program administration and/or project management
- A college degree in an education-related field preferred or equivalent related experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications; and an openness to embracing new technology
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Superior communication skills; including oral, written, and listening
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong organization, time management, and multitasking skills
- Ability to work with a diverse group of personalities and to be a self-starter
- Ability to create programs and develop plans
Ideal candidates will also contribute:
- Interest in education, technology and/or science/medicine is a plus
ASCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Minimum Education Required