Center for Family Life, a nationally-recognized social service program in Sunset Park, Brooklyn, seeks a Grants Manager to join our agency leadership team. Our ideal candidate is detail-oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills, knowledge and experience in project and budget management, and will bring a passion for neighborhood-based work to enrich the lives of youth, families, and community.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain current public and private funding portfolio, including coordinating all components of submissions, communicating specific tasks/needs to appropriate staff, contributing content to and monitoring project status for proposals and reports.
- Identify areas for new grant development. Develop initial outreach to solicit grants and respond to RFPs. Coordinate review of resources such as the Foundation Library and other grant making newsletters
- Represent the agency in meetings with public and private funders.
- Work with fiscal staff to develop expenditure reports for current grants and to develop budgets for proposed grants.
- Provide oversight of private donor fundraising activities, including an annual appeal and
annual individual donor development event.
- Provide oversight of fundraising events, communicate specific tasks/needs to appropriate staff involved in events.
- As a member of agency's senior leadership team, participate in strategic planning, program evaluation, and development of annual staff professional development retreat.
- SCO Family of Services is an equal employment opportunity employer
- Bachelor's Degree required, Master's degree preferred.
- 3 years Professional experience in grants writing/management preferred
- Highly organized and able to manage time efficiently
: New York-Brooklyn-Sunset Park
Minimum Education Required