7925 Jones Branch Drive
Food Allergy Research & Education (FARE) is the nation’s leading voluntary health non-profit organization working on behalf of the 15 million Americans with food allergies. Our FARE Walk staff play a vital role in supporting the critical mission of FARE by managing and growing this community-based fundraising and engagement event.
The FARE Walk Manager is responsible for serving as a fundraising professional and leader within the specific area and will have oversight for a portfolio of events within the assigned territory which contribute to the organization’s revenue goals. This is a remote position.
· Provide overall management of a portfolio of peer-to-peer fundraising walk events, including close collaboration with volunteer chairs and committee members on event planning, management, and implementation
· Implement organizational best practices with regard to recruiting and managing high-level volunteers, teams, and corporate partners, revenue generation activities, expense and fiscal controls and marketing/promotions and logistics resulting in achievement of revenue goals.
· Identify, cultivate, recruit and train prospective walk chairs and walk volunteer committees to achieve revenue goals and implement walk fundraising best practices.
· Provide year-round stewardship of event volunteers, team captains and participants, including high-touch communication via phone and email to team captains and participants during walk season to build fundraising plans and ensure successful execution of plans towards fundraising goals.
· Assist with strategies geared to increase net revenue and increase awareness in the community of FARE Walks.
· Meet net budget expectations as defined.
· Meet acquisition targets for team captains and participants.
· Manage all expenses to achieve net revenue targets.
· Self-starter; highly organized with exceptional attention to detail to work independently.
· Past walk event fundraising experience is required.
· Experience recruiting and managing revenue generating committees. Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate and present in a professional demeanor with constituents at all levels.
· Outstanding customer service, communications and interpersonal skills.
· Able to understand the needs of volunteers with varying skill sets and committed to serving on a focused, results-driven team.
· Adept at using social networks for fundraising, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.
· Available and willing to travel for events.
Education and experience
· Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field required.
· 4 – 6 years’ experience in grassroots fundraising, event management, or development, preferably with a non-profit organization.
· Experience in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook; Proficiency with Blackbaud Luminate/Convio platform (specifically Team Raiser) or other peer-to-peer fundraising system required.
Minimum Education Required