2203 23rd Avenue South
The ideal candidate for the Corporate Partnerships Manager is a flexible self-starter who enjoys working on a collaborative team in a fast-paced environment. He/she/they are a strong relationship builder who is looking to engage the Seattle corporate community and represent City Year. They are passionate about education and social justice and aligned to our mission. They are able to execute tasks that range from building new corporate sponsorship opportunities, prospecting new partners to ongoing stewardship and fulfillment of current corporate partners. Working with people at all levels of an organization excites this person as they are capable of managing a diverse range of relationships. Demonstrates a servant leadership and growth mindset and wants to be part of a fun and dynamic team that is committed to the work.
The corporate partnerships manager will manage a portfolio of approximately 50 partners and with the goal of raising $850,000 from corporations and corporate foundations. The manager will partner with the MDD, the development team, a grant consultant and the Board of Directors to prospect new partners, and renew and upsell current partners.
Building Community & Brand Awareness (20%)
- Participates actively in all departmental and site wide gatherings including staff meetings, pipeline meetings, special events, school visits, etc.
- Enhances AmeriCorps member experience and understanding of development work.
- Organizes communications calendar and creates copy for e-news, mailings, corporate proposals, decks, etc.
- Creates partnership decks and investor reports for new and current partners.
- Manages 1-2 community-based or chamber relationships to further advance City Year brand awareness in the market and continue to cultivate potential prospects for future solicitation
- Builds out and implements site’s social media plan that caters to diverse audiences
Corporate Prospecting (20%)
- Generates and facilitates approximately 15-25 sales calls per month which will include a combination of prospects in the existing pipeline, cold calls, and contacts generated at community events.
- Works with Board of Directors to prospect new corporate leads
- Raises new revenue, with a focus on $10,000-50,000 gifts from the corporate community
Corporate Relationship Stewardship (30%)
- Stewards corporate donors as appropriate, including providing high level service to a small portfolio of significant corporate sponsors at the Team Sponsorship Level ($100,000).
- Oversees of corporate foundation partners and execution of grant requirement that are mission aligned.
- Builds a deep understanding of the mission and model in order to provide meaningful corporate employee engagement opportunities for corporate partners
- Organizes, develops and executes corporate Learning and Development Days in partnership with the Director of Learning and Development
Corporate Sponsorship and Event Production (30%)
- Secures corporate sponsorship for special events
- Works collaboratively on a small team to implement and execute event tasks, including the annual gala.
The position requires strong organizational and networking skills, the ability to work on various events and with different colleagues simultaneously, and a strong eye for detail.
- 2-4 years of Development experience or equivalent. Preferably 2 years of direct fundraising/sales experience
- Experience and knowledge of relationship development and portfolio management
- Strong time management & organizational skills
- Knowledge or experience with Sales Force, Marketo or other fundraising platforms a plus
Compensation and Benefits
Full time employees are entitled to compensation commensurate with experience. Benefits for full time employees include health insurance with Flexible Spending Account, paid vacation, holidays, parental leave, 401K, and more.
City Year is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workforce. Individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, including persons with disabilities and veterans.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please complete the online application and attach a resume and thoughtful cover letter in the "Resume/CV" field on the "My Experience" page. Internal applicants should apply through cyresource.